Discuss how many of you have left elecsa or niceic for cheaper alternative in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I though that that Part P was introduced to stop dangerous electrical work being carried out by any body, but wholesalers sell to anybody without question and the DIY sheds sell elec.showers, consumer units & external skts which we know they are not allowed to install. I was told by Wicks that you can do what you like in your own home, Part P does not apply, so there you go,
and just who the hell are you to go round telling folk they cant install this, that and`t other in/on their own properties eh?

no, the valid point here has, is and always should be about the untrained, unqualified chancers who are told by the scams & 5 week training centres etc that they are competant to carry out works on other peoples property...when its so blatently obvious they aint...
check out some of the childish, moronic posts submitted in here of late...
and its getting steadily worse...

I get what you are saying, but at the end of the day the schemes have no authority to prosecute the idiots out there. Their mandate is to ensure that those of us stupid enough to pay them are competent to carry our work and notify and certify it accordingly.

Individual BC's are in a position to demand proper documentation from builders. I have done so many jobs where BC only want to see a cert to satisfy part P for the build, a cert that could be printed off by a 4 year old to be honest. Not one of them has even ever asked to see my card whilst I have been there.

What I REALLY agree with you on is the fact that there is absolutely no information out there for the general public. This new so called 'electrical register' they have created between them was supposed to ensure that the public has access to approved sparks but have any of us seen it advertised?

No, because it was created to satisfy a parliamentary demand that the schemes sort their crap out and come up with one overarching body that the general public could identify with. The schemes have no interest on amalgamating because they each make a fortune that they are not willing to share with the others. So they came up with that pile of rubbish so that they could declare some 'progress'.

Makes me laugh....:6:
and what a load of old cobblers that has turned out to be as well...caus i will tell you now what that was all about:

NIC & Elecsa clubbed together under a new thing called `certsure`...they could sense the anger amongst electricial contractors across the land.
this was just a load of knocked up rubbish to pacify the feepayers & create the illusion that they actually care...
further more just the day before this `safety electrical register` was announced Napit tried to get the jump on it by launching their own version...all very cynical if you ask me..

its just another sell & blanket...

NIC & Elecsa clubbed together under a new thing called `certsure`...they could sense the anger amongst electricial contractors across the land......
further more just the day before this `safety electrical register` was announced Napit tried to get the jump on it by launching their own version...all very cynical if you ask me..

It was the other way round, NAPIT started the Electricsafe register, which was, and still is, open to anyone registered in a Part P scheme.
NICEIC and ELECSA, who were already in merger talks, had a panic, and set up their own online register, but they only allowed their own members to be in it, thus negating their own claim of promoting industry wide safety, fine, you can be safe if you have paid them to be on it.

Slightly off topic... But if we're slaggin schemes off then has anyone else had there assessor ask you to carry out a Ze and when I go to isolate and remove the main earth from the met he says... "No no just leave it in and put your crock clip on the bar." I've had this the past 2 years now.. Is it only me that doesn't agree this is an accurate Ze? Maybe this is a new trendy hip and cool way of measuring Ze that I don't know about

No no.. Domestic, only one CU, no Sub boards. both times were only because he didn't want me to upset my customer by isolating the complete board.. So they could still keep TV on while I was there..

No no.. Domestic, only one CU, no Sub boards. both times were only because he didn't want me to upset my customer by isolating the complete board.. So they could still keep TV on while I was there..

Ah okay, but even on the Sotr for domestic there is still a Zdb box, whether single CU or not.

Edit: This measurement is taken with all bonding in place, this was added in 17th amd 1.

So back on topic.. I'm with Elecsa and don't have any plans to change providers. I'm happy with them, I don't think there's a great difference of between the schemes, some might offer special deals to get you with them for there first year.

Reply to how many of you have left elecsa or niceic for cheaper alternative in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net