Discuss How many of you use a Leatherman or similar multi-tool or EDC on a regular basis? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I prefer the Gerber over the Leatherman, because of the snap open feature. I can remove from my side holster, snap my wrist, and it is deployed and ready to use. Not where you have to fold it out of itself, like the Leatherman.
The newer Leatherman tools have one-handed deployment for most blades. Indeed one range has a magnetic architecture, but i don't fancy them much. Current Wave and Surge are superb tools, and open easily with one hand.

I used it to try & open a tin of paint. Snapped the file blade. Tried the knife & snapped that :weary:

Oops?....to be fair,the info states,"do not use as pry bar or lever..." as most yankee tools...(except my prybars and levers...?)
Me pals dad,who was a decorator,used a ¾" washer he had slightly curved...it was on his keyring,and he always had a terminal driver in his top pocket for faceplates,etc,which could be slid in the washer hole for extra twist?

I get to use a Snap-on ½" strong-arm,which i originally bought at 17 years of age?
I broke it about 10 years after,and got a free replacement.....then last year,bust the square drive,again....got a new end fitted by the Snap-on man?....then shattered the complete yoke,a week later.

He then,bless him,said i had to have a new model as old one was obsolete....£180 worth...gratis?

So,i suppose anything can have it's limits?

I had a beautiful leatherman, it stayed in my rucksack all the time and my rucksack always goes with me everywhere.... including to the airport where I had forgotten to take the knife out! That was the last of the leatherman, I bet the security guy kept it!

I had a beautiful leatherman, it stayed in my rucksack all the time and my rucksack always goes with me everywhere.... including to the airport where I had forgotten to take the knife out! That was the last of the leatherman, I bet the security guy kept it!
Similar story, Whilst I was doing my stint in the USSR, I had a rather large swiss Army knife in a leather case, most of the Guys I was supervising commented on how nice it was, and "could I get some more on my next visit to Helsinki" where we got all of our materials, B&Q hadn't reached Russia then, so anyway, next trip to Finland, Local tool shop had some fake Swiss Army gear in stock, so I thought why not I'll buy 5 and distribute them to the guys that had wanted them.
Finnish customs all went well no probs, but the Sovs different matter, " Ah sir weapons in your case", me "" no for my Sons"" "Ah but you only have 1 Son" took 4 and left me with 1, you couldn't make it up if you tried. The Cold War didn't you just love it??

Similar story, Whilst I was doing my stint in the USSR, I had a rather large swiss Army knife in a leather case, most of the Guys I was supervising commented on how nice it was, and "could I get some more on my next visit to Helsinki" where we got all of our materials, B&Q hadn't reached Russia then, so anyway, next trip to Finland, Local tool shop had some fake Swiss Army gear in stock, so I thought why not I'll buy 5 and distribute them to the guys that had wanted them.
Finnish customs all went well no probs, but the Sovs different matter, " Ah sir weapons in your case", me "" no for my Sons"" "Ah but you only have 1 Son" took 4 and left me with 1, you couldn't make it up if you tried. The Cold War didn't you just love it??

Look on the bright side, maybe 4 customs officers sons were made very happy with whittling gifts ? :D

I have the wave, most excellent tool!
I am on my 3rd Wave. I have returned 2 in 20 years after snapping blades which they replaced without quibble. The replacements have been refurbs though and I don't really use the current one as it is very stiff to open. Nowhere near as ergonomic as the original. Currently the small glasses screwdriver is snapped on it after I tried using it as a bradawl

I am on my 3rd Wave. I have returned 2 in 20 years after snapping blades which they replaced without quibble. The replacements have been refurbs though and I don't really use the current one as it is very stiff to open. Nowhere near as ergonomic as the original. Currently the small glasses screwdriver is snapped on it after I tried using it as a bradawl
No one else to blame but yourself then Westitude is there? moral of the story use the right tool for the job.

Reply to How many of you use a Leatherman or similar multi-tool or EDC on a regular basis? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net