Discuss How much does an adult apprentice electriacian get paid a week in north lanarkshire/ glasgow scotland in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I was thinking of leaving lorry driving after about 18 years and getting an adult apprenticeship at being an electrician.whats putting me off slightly is being 45 with a mortgage and young family.i know i would be dropping quite a bit in my weekly wage to begin with.appreciate any help from people within the glasgow and north lanarkshire area in scotland..thanks

i cant remember exactly but I got about £38 a day when I was an apprentice, think by the time I left the company the new apprentices were on about £40 a day.
im sure it’s probably more than this now as this was over 20 years ago

i cant remember exactly but I got about £38 a day when I was an apprentice, think by the time I left the company the new apprentices were on about £40 a day.
im sure it’s probably more than this now as this was over 20 years ago
Ive been told by a guy last friday its about £9/£9.50 an hour for an adult apprentice but was just looking to check about with other people..im 45 with a mortgage and young family so dont know whether i would be able to afford to drop down in wages..ive been driving lorries for about 18 years..i just fancy getting a trade and trying something new.

It will be a big initial pay cut but once you qualify the trade can be quite lucrative, most trades now charge £250-300 per day of not more

Most likely minimum wage I'd say. It would be hard for anyone to pay you good wages when your not really making them any money. Should change after a couple of years though.

Reply to How much does an adult apprentice electriacian get paid a week in north lanarkshire/ glasgow scotland in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net