Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss How much for hourly rate when fault finding in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

simonatlondon

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi everyone, as the title says, how much do you charge for hourly rate on a callout? Do you charge a call out fee?

Thanks to everyone who responds.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
C

Cirrus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't charge any call out fee but around £30 an hour minimum and a lot more if I can get it!

P

PAUL M

£50.00 for first hour and £25.00 for every hour after.

L

London Luke

whats the difference? a hours work is a hours work

R

Reg Man

£35 first half hour (fed up going to people half hour away cos they can't change a bloody fuse or reset an RCD). £25-£30 per hour there after, depends on whether its clean work or in a ****y attic!!!

S

sparkyork

yeah labours labour ive put my price up to £25 and may even go £30 per hour.

what grates my balls is we've done a 5 year intensive training programme, passed this done that etc, but someone who goes to uni for 4 years or however long can study law, buy a few books on law then charage £130 per hour for looking in a book and finding the best thing to say, then repeating the process?! why cant a sparky charge £100 + per hour? its all relative, who sets the rules on this and whoever they are i fart in your general direction.

rich

K

KillerWatt

There is nothing to stop you charging £100 per hour, although your chances of actually getting any work would be pretty remote.

E

edwards_elec

this is the sort of prices i have also been charging although what markup do you put on supplies

J

jibspark

do any of you do 24hr call out? if so what would you charge? i got a call at 1am last night but didnt get to the phone in time, i couldnt help thinking it could have been a nice easy one for a load of money!

S

spark-doctor

After midnight £75 for first hour then £50 per hour
Evening call out £50 for first hour then £40
Allways make sure they understand fees before i get out of the bed.
No different for fault finding, work is work.

Will make exception for little old ladies whose RCD has tripped/fuse blown.

J

jibspark

After midnight £75 for first hour then £50 per hour
Evening call out £50 for first hour then £40
Allways make sure they understand fees before i get out of the bed.
No different for fault finding, work is work.

Will make exception for little old ladies whose RCD has tripped/fuse blown.

that sounds fair.

B

Bane

I like the little old lady comment.

Good on you.

S

spark-doctor

To qualify they must be over 80 years old, able to produce both parents and one grandparent:D

L

London Luke

I never drink the tea they make etc.......... tastes of ****. Old people and food !

S

sparkyork

yeah there is something abou the tea! often has that fine layer of something on the surface, and a heap of sugar sat at the bottom of the mug getting warm.

J

jonni770

sparj doctor

Spark doctor.. I here ur a qualified cabke jointer and hv have you got an email address or a contact. I have sone work if your interested.

P

Plonker 3

Erm 5 and a half years ago this thread was last posted in, if you actually looked you will see he isn't even registered on here anymore lol

M

Megavolt

Do you know what the sad part is with this 5 and a half year old thread !!!

That the wages haven't changed or in some case have gone down in nearly 6 years !! That's grim

S

Southern22

I did law at A level and only didn't pursue it further because it would of taken another 6-8 years of training before you can even think about working as a solicitor/ lawyer. Can safely say becoming a qualified spark is a lot easier than qualifying in law haha

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I did law at A level and only didn't pursue it further because it would of taken another 6-8 years of training before you can even think about working as a solicitor/ lawyer. Can safely say becoming a qualified spark is a lot easier than qualifying in law haha
oh. yeah? you can't kill anyone by spouting drivel, though.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
think i'll study law. where's the 5week courses at? it's only as few laws. how long can it take? i've got a good grounding from watching perry mason and judge judy.

You could still be hanged for treason in this country up untill 1998 I think... well, you couldn't really, but in stayed in staute book until around then!!
Also for causing a fire in her majesty's docks and for obstructing the passage of the monarch.

It's where I live Ian, would you rather I lied and told everyone I was in Walker or Cowgate?
I'd rather be in prison.

Not sure there's enough room for all that mate.
Shields isn't bad you know, once you get past the town centre bars and all the nonsense that goes with them, and the crap shops, and the council who don't give a ****, and the chavs with their staffies (no offence meant to any staffy owners, they're great dogs but often have crap owners) and Laygate, Biddick Hall....Oh bugger, Mrs Trev! We're moving!

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to How much for hourly rate when fault finding in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
Top Bottom