Discuss how much roughly? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

tipex

hi all, how much is it roughly for a electric cert to say i can rent my house?
already got a gas cert, just need a electric one.
thanks in advance

What you need is a EICR ( or periodic inspection )
Cost will come down to size of house or number of circuits.
Roughly between £100-200
I can do a drive by inspection for 50 lol.

The price will depend on where you are and the size of the property !

I can do a visual from here for £50.00 but it won't be worth the paper its written on!

I charge £50 for initial testing and paperwork including 2 circuits. Then £25 per circuit thereafter. So a house with 7 circuits (2 sockets,2 lights, 1 cooker, 1 shower, 1 Immersion) £50 plus 5x £25 = £225 inc VAT
As it averages 45mins per circuit test it's a long winded job to do properly.
Don't trust very cheap quotes as they WILL be cutting corners on the inspecting side.

Don't assume it's going to pass though.

Tipex please be aware that the cost of testing that others have quoted does not mean you will be provided with a satisfactory cert and may come back with many items that need correcting as your question in the OP was so you can rent the property.
I'm sure and hope for you that no items need correcting but it may be that the place needs rewiring with can run into thousands so not an easy answer on that until you receive the results.

Tipex please be aware that the cost of testing that others have quoted does not mean you will be provided with a satisfactory cert and may come back with many items that need correcting as your question in the OP was so you can rent the property.
I'm sure and hope for you that no items need correcting but it may be that the place needs rewiring with can run into thousands so not an easy answer on that until you receive the results.

hope it doesn't need rewiring , it was done 11 years ago.

I carry out EICR's for £70 for a one bedroom property with £10 for each bedroom after that

This covers one DB / Consumer unit

I use easycert and do the software onsite

3 Bedroom house EICR £100!!!!!! Really? I take it you're not VAT registered and the local price of a pint is £1

- - - Updated - - -

I can't do maths obviously...... £90!!!!!!

count the breakers in the CU (just the breakers, not the RCDs). i would imagine 6-8 for that type of house.

Without knowing the amount of circuits, none of us will know how long it takes as each circuit is tested seperately. Thats why most people have a 'per circuit' charge.

I charge £50 for initial testing and paperwork including 2 circuits. Then £25 per circuit thereafter. So a house with 7 circuits (2 sockets,2 lights, 1 cooker, 1 shower, 1 Immersion) £50 plus 5x £25 = £225 inc VAT
As it averages 45mins per circuit test it's a long winded job to do properly.
Don't trust very cheap quotes as they WILL be cutting corners on the inspecting side.

Don't assume it's going to pass though.

just curious! what if you take cover off and there is another 2 circuits dogged in on the same mcb??is it still £25 for that circuit

I tend to still charge £25.00 for that circuit as its still the same amount of ?lights? etc

Tipex, PM sent as we are in your area early August if we can help!

just curious! what if you take cover off and there is another 2 circuits dogged in on the same mcb??is it still £25 for that circuit

Yep, win some, loose some. Did a lovely EICR yesterday. (NOT) filled up 2 extra pages of observations just on a 2bed ground floor flat. My favourite was the room stat. 3core & Earth at the heating JB. 2 pair telephone cable at the roomstat. (still 230V) I honestly don't know where to start to put it all right.

Reply to how much roughly? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock