Discuss How much???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Moley

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Just been having a wander around ebay and found THIS I know they are no longer made but that seems expensive. Looks like it's time to empty my van, find all my spares and maybe retire ??

They are used at most older power stations. I'll have to start raiding the stores ;-)

That might be a good price. They've been discontinued for around 3 years

Don't throw them away. They will be rarer that rocking horse sh*t soon.

If it looks old it usually worth something , I think some people over egg the prices of old stuff on eBay

but if you are patently you will get a fair price

Many years back myself and my business partner at the time quite often went to auctions and tender sales after a few years we became well known to a few of the auctioneers and got invites to private treaty sales these could be the entire contents of small wholesalers and electrical contractors, we were buying the stuff at around 10% of what it would cost us through normal outlets and in some cases selling stock that we didn't normally use to other wholesalers to recoup some of the outlay. Over time we acquired a lot of stock that wasn't that fast moving but was useful stock, wholesalers quite often suggested customers contact us if they had a breakdown and needed obscure fuses and other kit, some of the fuses we had in our stock had list prices of £1000+ although at the time there was generally a 40 - 50% discount on list price, quite a few times I would end up going back the office before I got home because we had a sale of £1500 + vat for a few fuses. I dread to think how much we could have made had Ebay existed back then as we had cartons of those Reyrolle fuses

For price guidance I only pay attention to completed sales, not what's on offer. In one of my fields of interest there are sellers who routinely list stuff at many times the going rate. They don't expect it to sell, it's only there to create a false impression to the uninitiated. Then when they offer equivalents at twice the going rate using a different account, some sucker thinks its a good deal and jumps on it.

Good point. I just checked the completed listings and so far no sales. There's been two listings for 20 x 20A fuses at £2500(!) but they didn't sell. I wonder why. One plug complete with fuses did sell for £10 back in October. I haven't looked at one for a while. I'm wondering if you unsolder the blob on the top of the thread if you'll be able to pull the two haves apart? Drill a little hole in the end cap, solder a length of fuse wire in, put it all back together and resolder on the tip if the thread. I'll have to dig one out tomorrow and see. Then again, I might just wait until I find a blown one.

my worth is incalculable. like a lot of antiques, I am PRICELESS.

Priceless..... worthless..... means the same thing doesn’t it?

I think the shed where my friend stores his mobile bar trailer, there’s a 4 pin reyrolle on the wall. Can’t check now, I’ve handed keys back.

Reply to How much???? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock