Discuss how old! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

scotsparky

-
Arms
Mark Tradesmen like Old dog should be respected as they have a huge ammount of experiance and wisdom to impart to us younger guys.

Mind you by his age Dimentia has set in so may be a struggle for him to remmember it.:p:D

old dog

-
Arms
i don,t do bad for an old dog started my time when i was 16 sat my 2391 3 days after my 50th birthday
the old grey cells are still there its been one long learning curve

F

fanta

Mark Tradesmen like Old dog should be respected as they have a huge ammount of experiance and wisdom to impart to us younger guys.

Mind you by his age Dimentia has set in so may be a struggle for him to remmember it.:p:D
Know the feeling, I'm 53 and spend half my working day looking for the pencil that's behind my ear !!!!!!!!!!

F

fanta

53 the oldest so far:(

Chris
Well you don't see to many retired electricians especially those that worked in the construction sector. Many die far to young. Exposure to things like asbestos, dust, chemicals, etc with the then unknown dangers associated with those things and other things that are still emerging has taken it's toll. I've lost some great friends over the years, personally I don't worry to much if I am contaminated in any way as I can't do anything about it now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I

iceman

35 and just finished all me electrical trainin now fully approved been along hall after 3years didnt think i was gona mk it but all sorted, thought i mite of been abit old to start now but it seems in this day and age apparently not lookin forward to workin in the electrical field just hope i dont end up gettin fryed and end up on you tube :-/ lol

L

leekemp85

look's like I'm one of the youngest at 23. But i feel double it trying to sort everything out going on my own:confused: since the firm i worked for went bankrupt:(

S

Spudnik

look's like I'm one of the youngest at 23. But i feel double it trying to sort everything out going on my own:confused: since the firm i worked for went bankrupt:(
Good luck.

It only gets worse, but if you can handle it, it is worth it in the long run.

It will be the best move you have forcibly made.

Thats how i started:)

And yes, you are young, so get on with it and be a man!!:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
L

leekemp85

I will sort my self out i just needed a kick up the arse to do it. but now i have no choice :D

But would like so say thanks to every one on the site, I never thought i could get so much advise from one place :) THANKS....

(sorry for going off subject)

K

kung

Absolutely ! Just when we think we have it sorted they bring out another IEE Wiring reg update !
Bless thier cotton socks !

Just turned 59 last month, signed up for the 17th (got to keep my 2391 relevant), strangeley the college want to interview me; perhaps they don't believe sparkies live this long!

A

Andy Smith

Now i do feel old im 21 and 304 months ok ok ok 46 and a bit ;):eek: lol

Reply to how old! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom