Discuss How tell if GFCI or Breaker Problem? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

netmation

DIY
Reaction score
Have three (3) outlets in the kitchen that suddenly stopped working. One of the outlets is a GFCI outlet, and pressing the reset does not do anything. Also tried flipping the Breaker with no success. What most likely is the problem? Should I replace the breaker or replace the GFCI wall adapter first? Any way to tell what the problem is or is it just trial and error? Thanks for any help.

Have three (3) outlets in the kitchen that suddenly stopped working. One of the outlets is a GFCI outlet, and pressing the reset does not do anything. Also tried flipping the Breaker with no success. What most likely is the problem? Should I replace the breaker or replace the GFCI wall adapter first? Any way to tell what the problem is or is it just trial and error? Thanks for any help.
Is the GFCI Really tripped and did you push the test button and see if it trips. If not then it needs to be replaced because it won’t reset, other than that I have run into wires being loose an pulling out receptacle which takes away from the outlets down stream.

Reply to How tell if GFCI or Breaker Problem? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Extremely low voltage on 120v line Hi, I’m not an electrician but my home has 20 amp breaker that has only one outdoor outlet on it with a GFCI...
Replies
Views
A 13-year-old GFCI kitchen receptacle went bad, so I replaced it with a new one I bought from Lowe's (Eaton model TWRSGF20). After one day, this...
Replies
Views
I have a towel dryer on an interior wall in my bathroom, wired off the last stop in my loop of bathroom outlets. This thing has been installed...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
Upfront disclosure, I am a DIY homeowner with basic knowledge of electrical safety. Here is my issue: Type GFCI Outlet- Eaton TR Installed mid to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock