Discuss how to apply for fits, and some testing questions in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi i did the pv course 4 months ago, and i am starting my first installation next week 14 march 2011

i contacted the dno to check if there will get the fits tariff and that was fine, they said that once i have installed my system i then have to fill out some documents and send it to them and they will process it

Where do i find these documents what i am supposed to fill out our dno is SSE

also what test sheets do we need to fill out to please the mcs, as when i did my course they said that the iee have not released any yet, but were due to.

and i remember that before installing each panel i am supposed to check what voltage each panel produces, and i vaguely remember them saying that we need to short out each panel and take a reading using what instrument and do we only short out one panel or can we connect a few together or will that damage the panels

The DNO of your choice should send you a pack to complete and return. Each one is different so you will need the forms from them.

I question if you will qualify for the FITs until you are in receipt of your MCS certificate. MCS cert is only available from an MCS accredited installer. As this is your system to achieve MCS accreditation you are at that point not a MCS accredited installer. You should notify MCS within 30days of commissioning a system. You may not be inspected within this time frame. You may need to commission it within 30days of achieving MCS.

As for testing panels, one at a time, multi meter and clamp meter, standard electrical installation tester, irradiance meter.

Have a look at DTI Guide to the installation of PV systems 2nd edition. Model DC certs are found there. Its downloadable free off the net.

thank you very much for that, so once i have installed and tested my first system, i then connect mcs and get them out to assess me, once this has happened and hopefully gained my mcs i can then contact my dno and ask for the fits form.

does that sound about right

Reply to how to apply for fits, and some testing questions in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock