Discuss How to become fully qualified?! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Shpark

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I completed my level 2 and 3 C & G course at college in May. I’ve worked as a mate a bit since, but I need more experience and consistent work to go on to complete my NVQ and whatnot.

My question is, as I’m not going the apprentice route, what’s the best way to gain that experience, so I can complete my NVQ, but not only that, become a competent spark. Im unsure of what to even ask an employer for.

Any advice would be very helpful

J

Sadly the route to which you have taken means you will need ot try and get a job with a registered electrical business

Couple of avenues to try look on the NICEIC forum for Electrical business's in your region and hit them all with a letter noting your experience and exams passed and hopefully they may be able to help or ring the JTL .

This business caters for apprentice electricians and confirm our business uses them and funny enough we have taken a few lads recently with your qualifications and they have now got to do a three year apprenticeship to get the experience to then get qualified

Good luck

Reply to How to become fully qualified?! in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hey all, I’m an electricians mate, trying to get fully qualified but struggling. I’ve got my L3 diploma (C&G 8202-30) and 18th edition, I have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Sorry, I won't take much of your time. To cut a long story short, I am newly qualified and have domestic installation/commercial...
Replies
Views
I have been working as an electrician under an NICEIC Approved Contractor for the past 10 years. I have my C&G2365 level 1/2/3 (acquired before...
Replies
Views
I’m currently an electrical improver/mate, I’ve got 2391 and 18th edition but looking to get fully qualified and wondering what the best route is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I completed my level 2 2365 installation and my level 3 8202 advanced technical diploma in electrical installation and I’m unsure on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock