Discuss how to buy a fully approved niceic company in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

donm

hello lads im getting sick of being let down off subbies so im intrested in buying a nic enrolled company im a spark with 17th and done my testing does any one know the criteria of how to buy one do you have to keep their QM or can i appiont myself as QM tranferring business address ect i know it can be done but cannot find the info on how
secondly if there is any one with a nic co. and ready to throw the towel in and it is permitted and legal e-mail me on [email protected]

You can do that but you'd have to pay the associated fees for change of details, change of QS and you'd have to be assessed as a QS with the associated fee for that!

After all that, you can continue to be let down by subbies!

13.Change of Enrolment Particulars or Transfer of
Enrolment​
(1) An Approved Contractor shall give written notice to NICEIC of
any change of legal constitution, Trading Title, address,
Principal Duty Holder, Qualified Supervisor or other
significant particulars or declarations upon the basis of which
enrolment was granted. Such notice shall be given within
thirty days of any such change becoming effective. Following
such change, continued enrolment shall be at the discretion
of NICEIC.
(2) Where, notwithstanding a change of legal constitution or
Trading Title, an Approved Contractor remains unchanged in
all other material respects, NICEIC may at its discretion grant
a transfer of enrolment. The enterprise to which enrolment
is transferred shall sign an undertaking that it will comply
with the Rules and accept full responsibility for the electrical
work undertaken by the previous holder of the Certificate of
Enrolment. Where a partnership is dissolved, enrolment
may be transferred to a new enterprise comprising one or
more of the former partners subject to the written
agreement of all the former partners.
(3) Where in the opinion of NICEIC the changes are such that the
conditions under which enrolment was granted are
significantly affected, the Approved Contractor shall, if
NICEIC so requires:
(a) make a new application for enrolment; or
(b) make facilities available, as required by Rule 15, for an
additional assessment of the Approved Contractor to be
made to confirm continued compliance with the Rules.
(4) Where there is a significant change in the range of electrical
work undertaken by an Approved Contractor, the Approved
Contractor shall notify NICEIC and, if NICEIC so requires:
(a) make a new application for enrolment; or
(b) make facilities available, as required by Rule 15, for an
additional assessment of the Approved Contractor to be
made to confirm continued compliance with the Rules; or
(c) accept enrolment with Defined Approval in which event
the scope of electrical work covered by this Rule will be
subject to such conditions as NICEIC sees fit and which
shall be agreed by and notified to the Approved Contractor.
(5) Where electrical installation work beyond the scope of
enrolment starts to be carried out or managed from a
contracting address having Defined Approval, an application
shall be made to amend the scope of enrolment.
(6) Where a Principal Duty Holder ceases to be employed in that
capacity, the Approved Contractor shall advise NICEIC
without delay and, within thirty days of the change, provide a
declaration on the form prescribed by NICEIC to confirm that
a suitable replacement has been appointed.​

Last edited:
donm

I did just this 12 months ago. I bought an established company from the owner who wanted to retire. I then applied to be the new Principle Duty Holder and the QS. This took about 6 months to sort. This is no problem if the retiring QS is still around, as he was in my case, and if your qualifications are okay, as mine are. The NIC then came out on a days assessment, and charged £350 for the privilage. I would be very concerned if the QS would not agree a handover period, and I would ensure that you can demonstrate competency to the NIC guy, as he will make you test various things on site as well as fire a million questions at you during the day. Let me know if you want to chat anything through on a 1 -1 basis.

what exactally is the reason for wanting to buy a company? normally you will only get a client list and possible future work, possibly some staff so you can complete your own jobs. As said above you will need to undergo all of the normal NICEIC requirements as if you were starting up yourself.
from your op it looks like you are wanting to get a whole lot of staff so you can complete your jobs, buying a company may not be the best way to do this since they will be staffed to cope with their current workload.

what exactally is the reason for wanting to buy a company? normally you will only get a client list and possible future work, possibly some staff so you can complete your own jobs. As said above you will need to undergo all of the normal NICEIC requirements as if you were starting up yourself.
from your op it looks like you are wanting to get a whole lot of staff so you can complete your jobs, buying a company may not be the best way to do this since they will be staffed to cope with their current workload.

I agree if you are talking about the domestic market. However, the commercial/industrial market is very different. In my case over 80% of the business this year is from the customers of the company prior to my take over. New business always sounds easy to get, but breaking into new accounts is the hardest thing in the world.

Reply to how to buy a fully approved niceic company in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock