Discuss How to change a fuse in an old fuse box where fuse is not a pull out one in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Please the pic of my fuse box and guide how can I change the first floor fuse in this old fuse box. Note the fuse is not the pull out one. Also if you see in the pic it seems it comes out by unscrewing all the adjacent fuse which does not seem right?

Experts please guide.

Attachments

• 2307918E-5338-4179-8613-058193B28A87.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 0A3772C4-582D-46C5-B3AE-B2B935F6F6F8.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 32
These take cartridge fuses.
Switch off the main switch, firmly grasp the top and bottom of the fuse you want to move and give a sharp pull untill the carrier comes completely out of the unit.

The unit is in 2 halves, held together with a screw, undo this screw and remove one of the halves.

The fuse will now come out, depending on the tightness of fit, itsy come away with the pins still attached, these should simply slide off.

Replace fuse cartridge with a new one and replace the pin clips too and bottom, reassemble the halves, do up the screw, reinsert into board and turn back on.
[automerge]1596504162[/automerge]
View: https://youtu.be/0L0p5Rk7hZU

Watch from the 6 minute mark where Clive takes it apart

Last edited:

Reply to How to change a fuse in an old fuse box where fuse is not a pull out one in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to change cu from old fuse board which has 6 fuses. Only 4 fuses are used. The first fuse feeds cooker circuit. This is not used...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! (Note, this is not a DIY, I'm using a fully qualified electrician, just posting here...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been browsing these forums for a while, always great to learn a new way to skin the same cat. Anyway, cut a long story short, was an...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to rewire an old plug. I've rewired a few in my time, but all have been with the post-2006 wire colours. I have this old welder...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock