Discuss How to change bulb on illuminated bathroom cabinet in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

kkkkk

-
Reaction score
Hi all

A friend of mine has a bathroom cabinet, illuminated with shaver socket. It came from Argos, and is a Living Shire 2 door illuminated cabinet.
Anyway, a bulb has blown & he doesn't have the instructions. Does anyone know how to? I can't go there, a bit far away - but would like to
help him, if possible. Here is the link to the item Buy Living Shire 2 Door Illuminated Cabinet with Shaver Point at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Bathroom cabinets.
I thought it might be either a screwed in bezel, or a springloaded - it is IP24 rated, so presumably has a rubber washer or similar, and would have to be tight. But I dont'
want to tell him the wrong thing, and have a screwdriver stuck in where it could damage it!!!!!!

Thanks!!

:):):):):)

I've seen similar fittings in suspended cookerhoods...

...do not quote me on this, as im only going on by what i can see...but im pretty sure the covers just clip off, literally put a thin screwdriver in the side and gently push one way or the other...its those little G9 lamps inside.

Ive not seen that cabinet EVER though.

Wow, those were some quick answers!!!
Thanks all - humorous ones too!! :)
Like I say, it came from Argos, I have looked all over the web, but can't find any bulb changing instructions!!
It is supplied from a company called Croydex, so I can maybe try asking them tomorrow!!
Thought someone might have come across it in their bathroom fitments.
All the best
:):):):):):)

Reply to How to change bulb on illuminated bathroom cabinet in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net