Discuss How to control second pump from Worcester Greenstar boiler? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nhand42

I've got a Worcester Greenstar 18i System boiler with integrated pump. The optional DT10RF controller has been installed. The boiler is used only for central heating.

I've also got a Wilo pump with three-way blender mixer connected to the underfloor hydronic pipes. The three-way keeps the hydronic loop at 45C whereas the boiler loop is more like 70C.

Currently the Wilo runs 24x7 from a socket on the wall. The boiler turns on and off as decided by the DT10RF thermostat. I'd like the Wilo pump to also turn off when the boiler turns off, but can't figure out how to do it.

The LP/NP terminals on the Greenstar seem to be disconnected; my multimeter shows 0V at all times. There are no LZ/NZ terminals like on the Greenstar 18i Regular model. I don't see any other switched lines from this boiler.

Is there a switched line somewhere I can use to control the Wilo pump?

The pump needs controlling by a prog room stat or timer for the room the UFH is supplying. Ideally via a zone valve to provent feed back

Ok, but the DT10RF is already a prog room stat. With a second prog room stat for the pump they're going to fight each other. The DT10RF might decide to turn the boiler on while the second room stat decides to turn the pump off. That's not a good outcome.

I'd like to use only the DT10RF prog room stat - which already controls the boiler and it's integrated pump - to also control the UFH pump.

I don't think it is going to be possible, but your best bet may be to give Worcester Bosch a call and see what they say.

The DT10RF is integrated into the boiler front panel and plugs straight in to the internal control electronics. It doesn't come out to a set of external connections.

Cant you just put the 2 pumps in parallel?
IE dip into the multi plug or whatever is the final connection to the integral pump.

Boydy

The internal controls disable the connections for external controls. If you change to external controls remember to order the blank plate for the boiler if you don't have the existing one.

nhand42, I guess you didn't like the honest answers and great comprehensive advice that you got on the Plumbers forum so came here for a 2nd opinion :)

The answers are over there :)

Reply to How to control second pump from Worcester Greenstar boiler? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock