Discuss How to create a directory listing and make it rank well in Search Engines and get phone calls coming from it! in the Directory of Electricians in the UK area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi everybody,

I've setup the new tilers directory and started to transfer old listings over to it. But it's doing my head in now. So I'll show you how to do it instead.

Do it in these stages and you should get traffic to your listing from the forum and whatnot. The listings I've done on TilersForums.com already, are doing well. And the more listings we have, the more links to each other they all have, and the better they will do. So this is a collective thing.

1. The first step is to find the main category you want to rank for / live in. (Click HERE to open the directory in a new window) Don't add your listing to more than one for now, it will have adverse affects because you will confuse the situation. Just let the directory rank you well in one County for the time being. And then I'll monitor stats and give you all the nod if and when it's okay to rank in more than one category.
  2. Once you've found the County, click "Add Resource".
  3. Fill in all the boxes that you can. Link to your website if you have one. Stick your phone number in. Check all the boxes for the types of tiling you can do.
  4. Your LISTING TITLE can be different from your BUSINESS NAME - Click HERE(this link is to tilersforums.com's listings) to look at the few I've done, and I've repeated the area's I want the listings to rank for in the BUSINESS TITLE, TAG LINE and LISTING TITLE - So that's THREE area's you're telling the forum members (and whatnot) what you want to show up for.
That brings you to the main content of the main area. Take a look at THIS listing. I have included a list of towns in the listing, and varied the description of tiling types in those areas. I've also included a photo or two, that's important too. You need around 300 words in that page somehow. So waffle on. If needs be, copy and paste some feedbacks from your other sites or whatever, and those count too. But unique content is best. So the rules for the main listing bit (if you want to rank well) are:-
  • Add 2 or 3 images at least (and perhaps a link to you media gallery on the forum). You can click copy on any image anywhere and then click paste into the content area, and the forum will automatically upload it to your listing for you.
  • Add the areas where you do your business, and what types of tiling you do, in a bullet pointed list
  • Make sure you waffle a lot - 300 words is the magic number (about 5 paragraphs say? - no need to count them)
I don't mind using this thread as a discussion thread to talk about how to rank your listings well. So please feel free to reply to it if you get stuck.

Please spend half hour doing this for me. It's a one-time thing, you update it once every 6 months and it'll keep ranking well. You WILL get calls from this in nearly all areas. London might be hard. I'll help guys in harder areas once we have a bunch of listings in the directory as a whole.

Good luck. :)

See the Directory of Tilers HERE, and Directory of Plumbers HERE. You may find some inspiration by scanning over a few well made listings on all the forums.

A listing creation advice and support thread has been made out of the eyes of the public (your potential customers) HERE - You will need access to the Professional Electricians area of the forum to see that thread.

HERE IS THE PRIVATE LISTING OPTIMISATION THREAD WHERE DAN IS HELPING YOU GET THEM RANKING WELL SO CALLS COME IN

Last edited:
Okay, @Lou has completed all the areas I think. If you notice your county isn't listed let her know.

You'll need to navigate to an actual county before you see the 'add resource' button.

And for the time being, it's for UK only. Perhaps in the future we'll be able to cater for more countries. Who knows. :)

You might not have got round to this yet, as I can't see anything. (I may be just being thick).
How does someone search for someone in this directory (by location)?
It would be great if there was a search bit where I could put in my post code and it lists the nearest 10-20 people to me.

It is by county for now. We have that few in there, it's not a problem right now @Spoon matey.

So this is England: Electricians in England - https://www.electriciansforums.net/resources/categories/electricians-in-england.26/

Click on a county.

And it'll be empty no doubt lol

We're working on TilersForums.com right now. We have some really nice listings. Here are some, and they ARE getting calls from them. Not from fellow members, but from Google searching. So nobody is entering any post code.

Some good listings on TilersForums.com that we've worked with the owners of to create, they're already getting calls from them, if you search google for their main area (it's obvious in the listing when they've been done right what area that is) you will see they rank first or second page every time:-
There is an instructional thread here helping members rank, and we have a thread in the tilersforums arms where I'm replying to them as they're making changes so I can help optimise them.

In the menu click England, N.Ireland, Scotland, Wales or Republic of Eire. Then you'll get the County within it.

We'll end up with that on all the forums.

We are manually adding 2 in each county. Where members haven't submitted themselves yet. It's taking a while to do. But we'll get there. Then it's this forum next.

Tilers are genuinely ranking high with their listings and getting calls from them. So it's worth you guys doing it on here. It's free, it works. Why not?

Subscribed members will get featured listings. Or you will be able to pay annually for it too. Not a big issue right now but once 10 or more are in your area, you will fall off the first page of our listings.

Once we are super busy, I'll enable the Google maps thing so it shows you where you are, and where the nearest 10 electricians are etc.

Baby steps and all that. :)
[automerge]1568367378[/automerge]

Last edited:

Reply to How to create a directory listing and make it rank well in Search Engines and get phone calls coming from it! in the Directory of Electricians in the UK area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock