Discuss How to feed garage board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
First fixed X6 new double sockets in garage the other day (didn’t have sockets to 2nd fix) now it’s TT system, now the board I’m working on is fed from a bigger garage 2.5mm SWA 16A RCBO, the board where I have first fixed the sockets has a Main switch and MCB for lights and sockets,

Would it be best to swap RCBO for MCB to feed the board I’m working on and just RCBO for lights and RCBO for sockets, im sure the Main Switch/RCD for the site is 300mA upfront so all good there.
Thanks

I'd leave the way it is to be honest.

RCBO's in the garage would be nicer, save loosing the lights also if you end up plugging something in with an earth fault. However, it's an extra cost.

Explain the advantage to the client an let them make the decision.

I'd leave the way it is to be honest.

RCBO's in the garage would be nicer, save loosing the lights also if you end up plugging something in with an earth fault. However, it's an extra cost.

Explain the advantage to the client an let them make the decision.
Yeah I guess so, the only problem if there is a fault the main board with RCBO will trip and it’s in another garage but I suppose it could trip if I changed it to an MCB on short circuit so I’ll possibly leave how it is actually.
Cheers

Leave it as it is, there's no discrimination between the ocpd for the submain and the final circuit ocpds so presumably someone has already made the decision that there's no problem with the whole lot going off under fault conditions.

Reply to How to feed garage board in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock