NICEIC Certification Scheme How to get NICEIC

Discuss How to get NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

axel132132

Hi all

Im currently looking into getting NICEIC once im sorted and ready to trade, i am just wondering what the process is because they say they come view two jobs?

How do you do the jobs before you get NICEIC dont you have to do the work then inform BC? But dosent this cost a FORTUNE? then they come out look at 2 jobs say yeh good good you get your NICEIC and then can sign off jobs properly

Sorry for sounding stupid about it all im just not clued up on it all yet

Cheers

Phone them up and explain your situation and ask if they will allow you to notify the job after your assessment?

Alternatively the job needs notifying within 30 days of completion so just wait until you have passed and notify afterwards.

Step 1 Google NICEIC
Step 2 Go to their home page
Step 3 Look at the "For Contractors" page
Step 4 Read it
Sorry Axel but this subject has been done to death a thousand times on here and the best ones to ask anything are the organisation themselves. They'll even send you a welcome pack to read which contains all the info you need

My mate who is an electrician, got NICEIC aswell and he hasnt yet had an assessment (He can notify jobs on NICEIC website and everything) Why do you think that is?

Because he has no idea why either lol he's rung NIC and they dont know why and just havent got anyone out to assess him its weird

Valid point >< just thought maybe someone has had the same issue, as in the guy from NIC may have had no idea for example

I rang my bank spoke to someone they had no idea why my money wasnt showing up

I rang them again next day spoke to someone different and they knew exactly what was going on

Lol yeh there robbing ****ards.. Charged me 25 quid a transaction last month.. Was very bizzare good that i check my accounts or they would have earned £100 for nowt ><

How to get rid of the NICEIC?

Everyone leave them on mass and join a different scheme......no sub's,no money,no scheme.

It'll never happen but thats likely the only way it could ever happen.

(after reading 1001 'which scheme to join?' threads on these forums still haven't decided which one to give my money to yet)

Step 1 Google NICEIC
Step 2 Go to their home page
Step 3 Look at the "For Contractors" page
Step 4 Read it
Sorry Axel but this subject has been done to death a thousand times on here and the best ones to ask anything are the organisation themselves. They'll even send you a welcome pack to read which contains all the info you need

It might have been done to death, but everyone who comes to this position will have cause to scratch their head. Its fine if you work for a company, not so easy if you're starting out on your own. It's a chicken and egg situation. Your right other people have asked before (me included), but I don't think its too much to ask yet again, lets get personnel experiences aired here. That's what forums are for, aren't they?

A chicken and an egg in bed having sex.
After they've finished, one says to the other, 'Well, that answers that question'

Hi i have just passed my NICEIC assessment.
process was:
1/ apply for assessment and send payment of £538.88
2/ wait for date of pre assessment visit from your are NICEIC Inspector.
3/ pre assessment is office based showing Inspector items such as qualifications, insurances etc he will then inform you of all items required on your assessment day
4/ wait for assessment day. you will need to show 5 jobs in total if like myslef mainly industrial /commercial he will want to see 1 domestic job. they will accept 1 job in progress(no circuits energised) and other 4 jobs they will require to see test certs and get you show explain /show them a selection of tests both live & dead.

It sounds painful but i found it easier then i thought it would be.
Now im NICEIC Approved Contractor, and going for NICEIC MCS

Hope this helps
Darren

Reply to How to get NICEIC in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock