Discuss How to get some type of battery to last long pulling 1500 watts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Here’s my morning blue sky - get a written off electric vehicle and repurpose the battery pack and charging system. That’d keep me amused for a while :) .

No easy way out,
with power levels of that magnitude
Low voltage is out of the question, due to costs.
It is possible, but awefully expensive.
Better off using mains power from generator.

More details could bring in more options ?

His flag shows that he/she isn’t a local.
So we may need to wait for the right time zone to arrive!

We need a lot more info.
How long do you want them to run?
How fast do you need them to recharge?
How often will this charge / discharge cycle happen?
What sort of lights and what is their native voltage?

Three kinds of batteries are worth considering, lead-acid (heavier, bigger, cheaper), and either lithium-ion or lithium polymer (lighter, smaller, more expensive).

As a very, very rough guide, for the batteries alone, you can get 1 hour of runtime on 1500W with about 200Ah of 12V lead-acid battery, weight about 125 lbs and cost 350USD. 150Ah of Li-Ion will do the same work, at just 24 lbs but costing 1500USD. For around a four-fold increase in price, you get a 5-fold decrease in weight. Not surprisingly, vehicles use lithium while static UPS's still use lead acid.

12V is not right for this application BTW, I just use it as a basis on which to estimate as most systems are a multiple; 24, 48, 72V etc.

ok they are 1500 watt 1800k 96 cri led lights 120 volts. I would be limited for breakers by being in condo or apartment. It would be for the benefits of red light for health. I like to use them as long as possible. 12 hours max as I use them during the day. If I can only 1 hour that is ok although if I can get longer that would better. As fast as possible for recharge so if it only one hour I can use them again thoughtout the day. Where can I buy a 200ah battery in Canada? Lucien Nunes

You are using these at home? How many are you using? Surely there is enough power available from the PoCo to power them? What is your supply?

I'm not growing anything. It for health reasons.

Red and near-infrared light are a "window" of wavelengths that are able to pass through tissue up to 1 inch deep (not 6 inches like some web sites claim). Red and near-infrared have beneficial effects on cells by "kick-starting" them into immediately creating more ATP (cellular energy) and increasing DNA and RNA activity. This effect has been carefully studied in many published reports since 1987. The positive effects occur only in injured cells.

Red light lowers nitric oxide or increases atp. The brigher it is the deeper it goes the better results. I'm limited to a apartment with maybe 2 different breakers.

Reply to How to get some type of battery to last long pulling 1500 watts in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock