Discuss How to get work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hotcriscar

Can anyone advice me on how to get work being 17th and part p full certified I am also working towards pat testing,2394,2395 and NVQ level..I Dnt know where to turn every employer seems to be asking for experience ..fedup.com

Hi Hotcriscar the only advice I can give is get your cv out to as many people as you can, it is hard work at the minute , due to the domestic scene being saturated with new part p guys. no offence to you but this is a problem created purely by the scam schemes churning new candidates out at a rapid speed . with no experience at all, the only way you may get work is to offer your services for free, and even then you may struggle. I myself am industrial and commercial thankfully so other guys on here may better advise you .I often speak to friends ( domestic sparks ) and they tell me stories of how there can be 6 sparkies all quoting for a £ 50 job all thanks to the schemes. rant over! good luck going forward don't mean to be negative , but it is hard going out there.

Hi Hotcriscar the only advice I can give is get your cv out to as many people as you can, it is hard work at the minute , due to the domestic scene being saturated with new part p guys. no offence to you but this is a problem created purely by the scam schemes

.I often speak to friends ( domestic sparks ) and they tell me stories of how there can be 6 sparkies all quoting for a £ 50 job all thanks to the schemes. rant over! good luck going forward don't mean to be negative , but it is hard going out there.

Dont forget to mention the likes of trust a trader and rated people too! Lol

Can anyone advice me on how to get work being 17th and part p full certified I am also working towards pat testing,2394,2395 and NVQ level..I Dnt know where to turn every employer seems to be asking for experience ..fedup.com

Don't you think that is reasonable?
Personally, I'm fed up with having to compete with guys quoting on jobs who have a folder full of paper qualifications, but no experience at all. I had to put up with rubbish money and most of the worst jobs for 4 years before I expected to be taken seriously.

You are lacking experience and now you face a dilema, how can you get experience without any?

If you've done afast track YOU NEED to go back to them and request their assistance..........

This is a situation many new trainees face and there is no answer.

if you have part pee go for domestic jobs on your own...
talking to some builders wiring up extensions and kitchens does the job at the beginning.

Reply to How to get work in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net