Discuss How to increase cable length? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im very new to this forum so thanks for hearing me out.
I have an led light that is waterproof. The issue im having is that the cable is not long enough for its purpose. I needed some help or advice as to how i could find a cable attachment to increase its length.. i have attached pics to see the connectors.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks guys!

How to increase cable length? 20190927_135841 - EletriciansForums.net How to increase cable length? 20190927_135903 - EletriciansForums.net How to increase cable length? 20190927_135916 - EletriciansForums.net How to increase cable length? 20190927_135928 - EletriciansForums.net

Hi guys,

Im very new to this forum so thanks for hearing me out.
I have an led light that is waterproof. The issue im having is that the cable is not long enough for its purpose. I needed some help or advice as to how i could find a cable attachment to increase its length.. i have attached pics to see the connectors.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks guys!

Welcome to the forum mate.
As above, soldering & good quality heat shrink is fine to extend the cable.
What length is the existing cable?
What length do you require?
Asking because of voltage drop as the LEDs are 12V

Welcome to the forum mate.
As above, soldering & good quality heat shrink is fine to extend the cable.
What length is the existing cable?
What length do you require?
Asking because of voltage drop as the LEDs are 12V

Hi mate. Thanks for that!
The light itself is 30W and the cable is 7.5m
i need at least another 5m cable to be attached.
I was wondering if i could buy a cable which has a male to female attachment? that i could just attach to it? any thoughts? and what they are called?

I bet the manufacturer makes an extension cable. have a look at there web site.

Hey bud, thanks for that. I was typing some different terms in ebay and amazon and i think ive finally found it :) its 2pin gaden light extension cables. Thanks for all the help everyone! Just ordered a 5m cable and will let u guys know if it works :)

hey guys, so the one i ordered didnt work :( the socket was way too small. I have now found out that the plug is an IP68. Guys, any idea how i could go about making the cable longer?

hey guys, so the one i ordered didnt work :( the socket was way too small. I have now found out that the plug is an IP68. Guys, any idea how i could go about making the cable longer?

Sorry to hear what you got didn't fit.
So post some more pics up of what you have now and what you bought.
Could you not rewire what you have now using something like the connectors @buzzlightyear posted above?

Reply to How to increase cable length? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock