Discuss How to install electricity in you garage... We live and learn! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

See.... everyone knows electrical work is easy... that's why you only need a one and a half minute video on how to wire up your garage.

Just what I needed, an instuctional video on how to wire up my garage. So 50 amp breaker, and it's wet ok I can do that!

Don't think CEF do GFCIiiiiis but you need to get the cable to the garage first, look and learn

You're not paying attention. It's a 50-60 amp panel, not breaker. But did you notice the neutral bar? OK it's not the panel in his garage but TN-C submains still make me do a double-take.

You're not paying attention. It's a 50-60 amp panel, not breaker. But did you notice the neutral bar? OK it's not the panel in his garage but TN-C submains still make me do a double-take.
I have to get some of that U/G cable sparky boy was using, think of all the money you would save, not using SWA.

I have to get some of that U/G cable sparky boy was using, think of all the money you would save, not using SWA.
Its OK, because it has a 'waterproof sheathing'. Just pop it in the ground, what could possibly go wrong?

you have to love the american electrical videos on youtube. some of the terms they use have me in stitches. funny how they use 110volts though. they americans have Mr Tesla to thank for that as it was he who demonstrated the ability to distribute power over large distances, that couple with edisons bulbs at 100v not being ac or dc specific led to 110v being the american standard

was a big issue, back in the day. edison proposed D.C., tesla A.C. edison, the tw4t electrocuted an innocent dog to prove that A.C. was more dangerous than his beloved D.C.

Agree but it's an a American cable, installed by an American.
oh, well that's ok then. I shan't bother with SWA next time I'm asked to do a garage run. I'll just bury T&E while yelling yeehaw, yiphee kye aye, wearing a stetson and singing the Star Spangled Banner.
I'm sure there must be a tick box on the certificates.

oh, well that's ok then. I shan't bother with SWA next time I'm asked to do a garage run. I'll just bury T&E while yelling yeehaw, yiphee kye aye, wearing a stetson and singing the Star Spangled Banner.
I'm sure there must be a tick box on the certificates.

You also have to be totally indifferent to all the shootings they show on tv after 7pm, but go completely ballistic if some lass shows a bit of boob...

was a big issue, back in the day. edison proposed D.C., tesla A.C. edison, the tw4t electrocuted an innocent dog to prove that A.C. was more dangerous than his beloved D.C.
If i recall edison was all for dc but his maths wizz tesla told him ac was the way forward from both a efficiency and technical perspective. edison didnt let that stop him trying to convince everybody ac was dangerous though and used it in the first electric chair, which was a botch job even a Electrical Trainee would be ashamed of.

If i recall edison was all for dc but his maths wizz tesla told him ac was the way forward from both a efficiency and technical perspective. edison didnt let that stop him trying to convince everybody ac was dangerous though and used it in the first electric chair, which was a botch job even a Electrical Trainee would be ashamed of.
Why.... did he plug it into a garage supply...?:eek:

Reply to How to install electricity in you garage... We live and learn! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock