Discuss How to install HIVE 2 with worchester 28i junior from Honeywell bdr91 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm trying to install my new HIVE 2 but having some trouble with the wiring and hoping someone can help me?

Here is my current set up :

I have a honeywell bdr91 wireless receiver and a separate honeywell thermostat both situated next to the boiler at the side of the house as shown below -

How to install HIVE 2 with worchester 28i junior from Honeywell bdr91 20180203_144322 - EletriciansForums.net
As you can see I have Negative then Live then a jump wire going from the second L to A, then I have another wire with brown tape on it going into B

How to install HIVE 2 with worchester 28i junior from Honeywell bdr91 20180203_144314 - EletriciansForums.net
The thermostat im not sure if I should be leaving it alone or it will need removed also.. but I have Earth - Neutral - and 2 brown wires I have labelled 2 and 3.

The above set up is fully working but different to some videos I have watched on youtube,

Now I would like to figure out what wires I need to put into the hive 2 system -
How to install HIVE 2 with worchester 28i junior from Honeywell bdr91 hive2 - EletriciansForums.net

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS I CANT FIGURE IT OUT!

Hi there, I'm trying to install my new HIVE 2 but having some trouble with the wiring and hoping someone can help me?

Here is my current set up :

I have a honeywell bdr91 wireless receiver and a separate honeywell thermostat both situated next to the boiler at the side of the house as shown below -
try British gas ,they can help !

try British gas ,they can help !
Go careful... British Gas installed a car charger for somebody I did some work for , put it on an outside wall, fed from PME and didnt install a rod as its not feasible or reasonable and wont affect how it works... In laymans terms - we cant be bothered to put one in and run a cable to it. The person has since filed a small claim at county court against them as the guy claims it is not fit for purpose and the dno have no record of it being installed either. He has also got the dno on side as the contractors pulled the fuse so is making a right big deal of the lack of safe isolation... seems the sub contractors being hired by british gas are putting them chargers up in quick time and off to the next job. from what i gather centrica are keen to put things right and avoid court hearings!

Might be worth noting I have a worchester 28i junior boiler if it helps anyone help me, i'm not a fully qualified electrician but I work with pcbs etc and pretty handy with wires so was hoping someone could just point me where to put them..
It's bread and butter work for a jobbing electrician. Prob no more than £40-£50 and you have the peace of mind it's been done correctly. They will check if the earths are connected correctly etc.

Get a sparks in, would personally take both of them out and run a new 5core hr flex to the hive receiver.

Hi
This is relativly easy stuff, and if your as good with wires as you stated it shouldn't take you more than an hour to install and test.
I would also remove the wireless receiver wiring and replace with 5c flex. If that is a frost stat i would ensure that is connected to the correct terminals in the boiler.

Reply to How to install HIVE 2 with worchester 28i junior from Honeywell bdr91 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock