Discuss How to plan a rewire and new consumer unit. How many circuits, what cost? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you actually want answers and advice or just want to wind people up.

Where is the advice and answers that make any sense other than you lot shouting about how you've missed out on money and markup? You my friend are the one at the wind up...
[automerge]1581427802[/automerge]
work out the cost of running a van at 45p/mile, spending 1 hour in the wholesalers being served, travel time there and back. not to mention the other overheads that come out of your time when you are fetching stuff and not getting any income from it.

Oh woe is me... I know all that mate been there for years and years... I have owned and run 15-20 vans over the years, 7 at the same time! I know the cost of running a business or were you not reading the previous replies???

If I were to be approached for this job on the suggested basis I'd only be quoting an hourly rate and no way would I be able to give a price.

I've had customers offer to do the donkey work before. Always delays caused due to lack of customer progress so always results in lost time.

I've had customers supply their own materials before. Nearly always wrong and nearly always poor quality, both issues causing problems at extra cost. Penny pinching always costs pounds in the long run. If you think electricians actually walk away with money in their pocket from markup you are mistaken, it only covers costs.

Where is the advice and answers that make any sense other than you lot shouting about how you've missed out on money and markup?

You my friends are the one at the wind up...

Oh woe is me... I know all that mate been there for years and years... I have owned and run 15-20 vans over the years, 7 at the same time! I know the cost of running a business or were you not reading the previous replies??? I bet you lot do cheap stuff for other guys when they call you in to do work for them... What is it ÂŁ80 - ÂŁ100 a shift thereabouts... But when comes to a decent guy who makes tea and offers cakes and cleans up your mess and helps pass you stuff and lifts floors and move stuff for you all to make your job easier, all you want to do it charge markup and time for this and money for that.

What a rip off, some people think they are the bees knees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How to plan a rewire and new consumer unit. How many circuits, what cost? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net