Discuss How to pull supply fuse in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Tucosweep

Hi proffessionals,
I'm in need of help once again please.

Ii understand there is a ongoing discussion ( although one sided) about pulling the supplier fuse. I need to do this to change the CU on my next job but I have never done it or seen it be done before and need some advice or video if possible.
The fuse housing isn't even normal, it's a metal housing,
I would upload a pic but I don't think I can on here,

if you are not confident about pulling the fuse... don't. especially if it's an old head. call DNO to arrange fitting a D/P isolator and , if necessary, replacing the service head.

If its a metal housing i would definitely get the dno to sort it out, not that you should pull them anyway.

This is a rediculous thread.

You are asking members to video themselves technically breaking the law and then e-mail it to you.

My advice, contact the DNO to come out and view the service, which they may upgrade for free, and arrange for the fitting of a supply isolator, end of!

turn your cu off take the sticker/seal off fuse, pull it..simples, everyone does it,illegal? not as illegal in how much they charge the working man for electricity..

why,it happens all the time

FFS just because some people do it all the time it doesn't make it right nor legal. If you're going to give the OP such looney advice how about telling him to wear appropriate PPE to protect himself, or do you not bother either

FFS just because some people do it all the time it doesn't make it right nor legal. If you're going to give the OP such looney advice how about telling him to wear appropriate PPE to protect himself, or do you not bother either

the op could,and i say could be a spark with years in,but while some bend over backwards to give john from accounts all the info he needs to be a spark in 5 mins,i wont deny sparks of whatever ability pull the fuse for whatever reason they need too..like we dont work live,like we dont pull fuses in old db's when needeed and plug them back in live because we have too..it happens,but being competent we do..

Isn't pulling DNO fuses covered in DIY literature?
I don't think that's the issue here mate, after all dig deep enough on the net and you can find out how to build all sorts of dangerous and illegal devices.

Pulling the fuse is the easy part! Now putting it back in................................if you have done something stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BAAAAANNNNNGGGGG.

NO, no and thrice no. Not on my watch.

I have no idea what you are all going on about, all the fuses on my jobs are out when I get there ;)
I think I have a fairy DNO godmother :)

But yes not a good idea to advise him to pull the fuse if he's not confident, mind you it's only a fuse :) and a baby one at that :p

Reply to How to pull supply fuse in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock