Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss how to start generator with battery (self start) with ignition. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kami_rock55

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi to all, I have generator 3500watts (Made in China). it has pull start with rope. and i want alternate start with self start....! i hope you understand what i am talking about. Thanks in advance.

what accessories or tools required?

how to do?

how it works?

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
E

Engineer54

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unless you can get an adapter housing and a toothed flywheel for your Genny, to allow for a starter motor your going to be out of luck i'm afraid!!!

K

kami_rock55

Very quick response thanks for the reply.,..! but, how can i do? i require complete instructions Please

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
Would be cheaper to buy an electric start genny rather than modify your current one. Eat more Wheatabix!!!

K

kami_rock55

Modifying is cheaper than buy new one,,.,! Please help me thanks

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
I would not remove the pull cord cover.

I would not use a drill with a correct size socket to turn the motor over.

I would not replace the pull cord cover afterwards to stop little fingers from getting chopped off.

What is the name and type of your generator? Without knowing that we wouldn't even know where to start, more chance of plaiting scotch mist.

K

kami_rock55

it is not about to remove pull cord... just i need to attach extra accessories to start generator with self start... with battery..!

S

steveberry11

Can you bolt it on the front of a Land Rover and use the PTO

K

kami_rock55

guys i am not electrician please guide me, complete instruction please and thanks to all who is responding me...! thanks steve guide ne complete please

Strima

-
Arms
Esteemed
You need a mechanical engineer to help you, not an electrician.

As I've said before, what is the make and model of your generator? Without that information there is no starting point.

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hi mate,Please don't be disheartened or offended but if its origin is PRC,it isn't worth bothering.I do a lot of work on generators and over the last 5 years or so have been out to plenty of these lost causes.They melt,they leak fuel,they produce incredibly variable electrical outputs.....They are,in short,built to a price and NOT to a standard.No back up,no parts and they are usually so cheap that the suppliers would just send another rather than discuss spares etc.Trawl ebay and get yourself an OLD Honda engined plant (Honda,not Hongfa or Hungfa...and i've seen them...) it will last for years and some have electric start capability.Sorry to be a killjoy but these things have caused injury and damage.Good luck :1eye:

K

kami_rock55

You need a mechanical engineer to help you, not an electrician.

As I've said before, what is the make and model of your generator? Without that information there is no starting point.

Its brand name is Nekata and model is 3500.

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

Reply to how to start generator with battery (self start) with ignition. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Top Bottom