Discuss how to start generator with battery (self start) with ignition. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kami_rock55

Hi to all, I have generator 3500watts (Made in China). it has pull start with rope. and i want alternate start with self start....! i hope you understand what i am talking about. Thanks in advance.

what accessories or tools required?

how to do?

how it works?

Unless you can get an adapter housing and a toothed flywheel for your Genny, to allow for a starter motor your going to be out of luck i'm afraid!!!

Very quick response thanks for the reply.,..! but, how can i do? i require complete instructions Please

Would be cheaper to buy an electric start genny rather than modify your current one. Eat more Wheatabix!!!

I would not remove the pull cord cover.

I would not use a drill with a correct size socket to turn the motor over.

I would not replace the pull cord cover afterwards to stop little fingers from getting chopped off.

What is the name and type of your generator? Without knowing that we wouldn't even know where to start, more chance of plaiting scotch mist.

guys i am not electrician please guide me, complete instruction please and thanks to all who is responding me...! thanks steve guide ne complete please

You need a mechanical engineer to help you, not an electrician.

As I've said before, what is the make and model of your generator? Without that information there is no starting point.

Hi mate,Please don't be disheartened or offended but if its origin is PRC,it isn't worth bothering.I do a lot of work on generators and over the last 5 years or so have been out to plenty of these lost causes.They melt,they leak fuel,they produce incredibly variable electrical outputs.....They are,in short,built to a price and NOT to a standard.No back up,no parts and they are usually so cheap that the suppliers would just send another rather than discuss spares etc.Trawl ebay and get yourself an OLD Honda engined plant (Honda,not Hongfa or Hungfa...and i've seen them...) it will last for years and some have electric start capability.Sorry to be a killjoy but these things have caused injury and damage.Good luck :1eye:

You need a mechanical engineer to help you, not an electrician.

As I've said before, what is the make and model of your generator? Without that information there is no starting point.

Its brand name is Nekata and model is 3500.

Very quick response thanks for the reply.,..! but, how can i do? i require complete instructions Please

Unless the replacement parts i mentioned in post 2 are available,(check with manufacturers web site) then you will not be able to make your gen-set electric start. Sorry, but it really is as simple as that!!! It may well be cheaper to purchase a new gen-set and offset the cost by selling your present unit, than to go down the route of modification of your existing unit, (if the parts you need are available)....

Reply to how to start generator with battery (self start) with ignition. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock