Discuss How to wire G10q LED circular light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
HI there,

I'm replacing a G10q flourescent ring light with an updated LED ring bulb. THe old flourescent one ran through an electronic ballast and then plugged in to the main. Can anyone direct me to what I need to get the LED one going please? THe data sheet says it can be wired to the mains but I don't know how to go about it. Many thanks in advance!

Essentially you will find that you are wiring the L N direct into the LED fitting usually. Which means all the control gear goes or is bypassed. You should have a wiring diagram of where the L N goes on to the LED fitting. Any pics?

Thanks for the speedy reply Vortigern,
in the below pic- this was the test setup I had for the fluorescent- it was pretty much plug and play apart from attaching the plug! I housed it after I checked it actually turned on. Was hoping to find something similar for the LED ring- I can see L and N are printed by the pins on the bulb but not sure what goes in between the pins and the plug.

Attachments

• IMG_2478(1).JPG
    144 KB · Views: 9
So presumably that is the control gear for the tube, what about the LED. As I see it that control gear will go and you will wire direct into the LED retro upgrade. Do you have the wiring diag. for the LED?

So presumably that is the control gear for the tube, what about the LED. As I see it that control gear will go and you will wire direct into the LED retro upgrade. Do you have the wiring diag. for the LED?
No, I've no wiring diagram. I essentially have this bulb:
noxion - Copy.JPG

and am now trying to figure out how to light it up- I don't have a base unit.
There's a leaflet that comes with the bulb with a diagram showing to attach the pins and the enclosed starter if needed but no info on wiring to mains.

It does say suitable for ballast or direct wiring though. So where the wires go in to the pin holder on the other side of it you would attach or insert mains there. However it does not talk of polarity so you would have to ensure correct polarity. you know where you have put the mains into the control gear just imagine the control gear is no longer there.

It does say suitable for ballast or direct wiring though. So where the wires go in to the pin holder on the other side of it you would attach or insert mains there. However it does not talk of polarity so you would have to ensure correct polarity. you know where you have put the mains into the control gear just imagine the control gear is no longer there.
So is it literally a connector like this then, pins on the bulb and L and N on this to the mains?

Attachments

• pins.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 4
To be honest I usually throw away these things and just get a whole new LED fitting, not a fan of retrofit, quite often problematic and poorly documented. Ah, I can see why you are having a problem then it is a retro fit solution designed to go straight into the fitting you threw away.

Would that be Carlsberg "light"????
dunno, me no drink girlie lager, only lager i ever drink is Polish 6%. mostly lager is for yanks and australians who, knowing no better, drown the taste by freezing it.beer should be served and drunk at between 10 and 12 degrees C. that's 50 - 54 digrees F. in English.

Last edited:

Reply to How to wire G10q LED circular light in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net