Discuss How to wire my two switch light into my new led light. (DIY electrician) in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
How do i wire those cables into my new led light? Any help is much appreciated. I tried various ways but couldnt get the switch to work. Light was on but could not switch off.

How to wire my two switch light into my new led light. (DIY electrician) 20190224_164612 - EletriciansForums.net

How to wire my two switch light into my new led light. (DIY electrician) 20190224_165155 - EletriciansForums.net

If the cable on the left of that block is indeed the neutral (i see some blue) this is where the two black ones from the first pic go. And then the red cable that goes with the brown one is what goes with the far right on the block the one in the middle is going to be your cpc.
Are there any instructions or diagrams?

Thanks for the reply, so what happens with the other 3 spare reds?
No instructions or diagrams

Thanks for the reply, so what happens with the other 3 spare reds?
No instructions or diagrams
the 3 reds that are in the centre block should be connected together, i/e 3 into 1 block, but not connected to anything else. the single red is your light "live", and the 2 blacks are into a block and supply your light Neutral.

so looking at your 2nd pic. the single red goes in the right. the 2 blacks in the left, earth in the middle, and the 3 reds connected togeher in a separate block, but not to the light.

before disconnecting the original, put a mark on the single red so you know what's what.

classic case of 1,2,3,4.
1. it works
2. it don't work.
3. light on permanent.
4 BANG.

Again those 4 reds are your permanent lives and these need to go together just like the last lot. Same with the cpc

Yes

All three neutrals (blacks) connected together. These connect to the blue conductor from the light.

Reply to How to wire my two switch light into my new led light. (DIY electrician) in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock