Discuss How to work out TIC!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PvNewbie

Hi

Given that...

Total Installed Capacity (TIC) is the maximum capacity at which an Eligible Installation could be operated for a sustained period without causing damage to it (assuming the Eligible Low-carbon Energy Source was available to it without interruption), a declaration of which is submitted as part of the processes of ROO-FIT Accreditation and MCS certified Registration.

Then how do I work out TIC? Is it the KWp of panels times the published inverter efficiency? (e.g 97%)

Thanks

Newb

The maximum capacity of a PV system is limited by the maximum output from the inverter. So you may need to take more than just the raw efficiency figure into account.

Also inverters typically have efficiencies that vary depending on the level of input voltage. Most quoted single figures are the maximum possible at a particular spot on the curve - which may not be the spot that gets hit by a particular panel configuration.

Reply to How to work out TIC!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

About 15 years ago, after having had a modern consumer unit fitted, and prompted by our electrician, I asked my then energy supplier (Tonik) if...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sorry if this topic has already been covered, but I’m far from tech savvy and haven’t got much of an idea how to navigate this forum. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am currently doing my 2391-52 and have been given a mock paper, one of the questions is around vold drop as per below, can someone...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A quick background to me and my question. I have been working for a commercial catering equipment engineering company for about 10...
Replies
Views
I presently do domestic gas, plumbing and electrical work. I have worked out that 85% of my work is not electrical any more, and what I have been...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock