Discuss How would you setup the earths on this kind of install? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fd3typer2

Hi,

I'm installing complete systems for a small development of 11 flats and would like to know what the recommended way to setup the earthing arrangement. This is what I'm doing and what we have:

In the hallway on the ground floor there is a newly installed Lucy head (I think thats what you call it) supplying 12 boards with red solid blocks with Line and Neutral.

The earth is a single large cable bolted to the side of the Lucy head.

I am fitting Switch fuses in metal enclosures. 25mm tails hanging out for the meter guys, and 16mm SWA load side going up to each flat. The 3rd core in the SWA for the earth I have left long and it passes unbroken through the enclosure and out the bottom.

Should I have the earth blocks on each board connected to the DNOs earth with 16mm g/y or should I do it another way?

Cheers

I think I'd go with the following. From main head to copper bar. From bar to each flats Met. Don't forget to leave room on bar for bonding incoming services and steel ect.

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking along those lines. What do you mean by copper bar as that's the area where I'm not to sure what to use :)

Also, the building only has 1 gas meter for the communal/landlords heating. Should I send the 10mm from the meter to the copper bar bit or only to the landlords MET?

Many thanks

10pm thick by 40mmwide bar on insulating barrels. Drill your own holes for lugs. I'd take thelandlords gas bond to landlords met. That way it's easy for people following you to distinguish between everything. I'd label everything too.

Reply to How would you setup the earths on this kind of install? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net