Discuss Hows Business in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Wallace-ISL

Hi Guys

We were just in the process of jumping through the MCS etc hoops to get accredited to install PV when the consultation document was released.. and obviously everythings now on hold especially as several of our ongoing electrical suppliers have told us to keep a wide berth at present.. due to developers etc cancelling pre orders for works due next year.. and reports of the same from local installers..

Hows everyone finding it at present Ive talked to guys I know local in SE / kent and while they are flat out at present ( if they can get the kit) trying to get as much kit on roofs before the cut off date a great deal of their work for next year is apparently disappearing..??

Is everyone experiencing the same..??

cheers Roger, "off to get a job down Starbucks.... lol"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one job to be installed after the 12th, on the new tariff, but I lost 5 because of the tariff cuts.
I am fortunate, or maybe that should be unfortunate, because I personally am involved in heating systems too, and that tariff is a shambles also.
If you want lots of stress, and frustration in your life, then jump aboard the FIT train, or stay as you are.

Earthstore Energy

Thanks Earthstore
That seems to be the pattern here locally, hopefully it will all sort itself out in the new year.. but looking at the state of the economy there wont be much money going around to be thrown at the renewables industry and a re boost to Solar PV.. good luck to everyone working flat out for the next few weeks ;-)

Roger

From a training provider point of view, we are still training anywhere from 8 to 15 paying students every week doing the city & guilds (2399 - 312) course and we are getting a lot of interest in the maintenance and fault finding course (2399 - 314) which we are about to start, so there is a demand for training which I would think is lead from a demand of work

ok firstly dont waist your money(mcs) wait till april see if C rating comes in! not one enquiry after 12th but i woudnt expect it!prob be intrest feb if they do C rating but thats only till april so its not worth it! i rec the only companies will be ok are solar pv/hot water installers as combined OFFER!! but serious y go through the hassle and fees for nothing!! u can have my STICKERS for NOTHING:)

Not quite. Thermal is in hibernation until RHI. EPCs are likely to apply. If you can dump excess power from PV to hot water tank through immerser little point in having both unless you have acres of roof space and money.

I did my last 3.5kw install last week. I could have had 15 jobs to do before xmas but I cant get the kit, so im not stressing myself out and giving customers false promises so I refunded deposits.

Reply to Hows Business in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net