Discuss Hss drill bits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
Anyone know any good stores online for 6mm drill bits. I use to buy them in engineering counter at home but need to order a few today..

I just bought few bosch ones from screw fix, but want we pack of 10, when you go onto that site archy , what material
HSS for cheap and cheerful basic drilling.
Titanium for another 30 seconds drilling before they wear out
Cobalt for costly long lasting quality drill bits.
TCT for very expensive long lasting quality drill bits.

Anyone know any good stores online for 6mm drill bits. I use to buy them in engineering counter at home but need to order a few today..

You get them supplied by the company you are working for,you do not supply your own.
If you are working agency you ONLY supply your own PPE and hand tools anything else they supply.

I asked once and said they had none.. that's why my work mate says we just agency scum lol

bosch ones were about £2.50 each so know they cheaper online somewhere.

I purchased a 4mm locksmiths drill TCT(tungsten carbide tip) from that company to get through some stainless for a project I was doing at home. I'd already tried cobalt, titanium and other HSS but didn't get any where. The TCT went through it like is was butter, I was well impressed!
HSS will machine stainless lovely....
as long as the tip is ground and set rite...

I asked once and said they had none.. that's why my work mate says we just agency scum lol

bosch ones were about £2.50 each so know they cheaper online somewhere.

You are agency on a labour only basis,all plant and materials are supplied by company.
If they don't give you drill bits do not drill any holes if they are desperate they can get drill bits in an hour.

You are agency on a labour only basis,all plant and materials are supplied by company.
If they don't give you drill bits do not drill any holes if they are desperate they can get drill bits in an hour.

It depends on the company policy whether to provide actual plant or not. They should provide expendables but not necessarily drills etc.

HSS will machine stainless lovely....
as long as the tip is ground and set rite...
I think it was stainless, im not sure, I just thought it was because it was shiney. I had a length of steel given and I was making some fishing lures with it, it took me 2 hours to drill the first one with a bosch HSS bit, I did the rest in 20mins with the TCT. Maybe it was my technique or maybe I had the drill bit in the wrong way round

Reply to Hss drill bits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net