Discuss Humax issue, jumping etc. in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all. We always watch TV through a Humax PVR 915-OT which is app 5yrs old, using that remote. When watching a recorded programme, it often jumps forward, gets psychedelic lines across the screen, or speech is distorted. This has been happening for quite some time. I've reformatted it more than a few times, but still get the symptoms. It's even happened watching live TV. I've had the aerial checked & it's ok, good strength & quality. Has anyone had these problems & more importantly, sorted 'em?
If there is no hope for this box, I'm now looking to get the Humax FVP-5000T 500GB Smart Freeview box. I've read the reviews, good & not so good, so A, any suggestions to the 915 problem, or B, views on the 5000T.
My money's on the 915 being past it, even though at 5yrs !!!!

Thanks in anticipation.

Could be the hard drive is failing. Reformatting a failing hard drive won't fix it if the issues are down to mechanical/electronic issues.

But, as you have access to facilities to reformat it, you could try replacing the drive itself.

Decided to get the Humax FVP-5000T 500GB Smart Freeview box. The snag I've hit is that the Sky WiFi router wont connect to the Humax. It's only located app 20ft from the laptop & I never get a full signal, in fact I've had 4 routers from Sky over time, but still have the same problem. So there's no chance it'll reach the TV/Humax in another room. I've been told to try the BT Mini Hotspot 600 WiFi Powerline Adapter Kit, but the reviews are not all good. can anyone help out here.

Reply to Humax issue, jumping etc. in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net