Discuss Humidity settings on fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Good question. Leave as factory settings and be prepared for a revisit in 10 days time. They need to adjust to the environment they are in.

The trouble with cheap humidistat fans is they don't account for the background humidity levels very well. If you get a humid day it will run without the shower being on.

80-90% should generally suffice, on the basis that if someone is in the shower the humidity will be at or close to 100% within a few minutes. Normal humidity levels are up around 70-75% regularly this time of year, so setting the fan to anything less will just set it off when no-one is in the shower, as mentioned above. If you have one o' them there fancy fans which senses a sharp, step change in humidity you could set it lower, say 65-70% I suppose.

My advise... Don't fit the Damn things. Been back repeatedly to so many that I no longer install them.

I would agree 100% with that but some extensions need them and LABC demand them. I always fit an isolation switch so the customer can turn it off too!

Reply to Humidity settings on fan in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
Rcbo tripping on 1/2 settings with load connectted but ok when load disconnected all other tests are fine… FI required but any thoughts on this😎
Replies
Views
Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
I'd like to find a timer switch, in a style that looks alright next to decora light switches, to control a bathroom fan. The bathroom fan...
Replies
Views
Hello, I currently have two switches in my bathroom. One controls the lights above the sink and the other controls a light above the toilet and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock