Discuss Hunt caught out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Really? Like to see that quantified.

What I don't understand is that both Germany and France spend more than us on healthcare - yet they don't have the NHS - so how do they deliver it.

As far as I'm concerned the NHS is like British Leyland in the 1970's - trying to be al things to all people AND failing badly. If the private sector can do knee ops (for example) cheaper and more effectively, then let the NHS pay them to do it.

It's been quantified by numerous folks, each obviously keen to promote their own agenda - but the estimates are between 5 and 30 billion of addition costs, so perhaps my estimate at an average was a little low - I'm all for private company's being given (for example) joint replacement contracts, if they are more effective, but the fact that such contracts have their commercial details exempt for the freedom of information act makes me wonder what if any savings they are making. Perhaps they are worried about the number of MPs who have commercial interests in these private providers becoming public knowledge ?

There wasn't much wrong with BL, just far to many managers and not enough engineers - same with the NHS, to many overpaid paper pushers and not enough care givers.

It's been quantified by numerous folks, each obviously keen to promote their own agenda - but the estimates are between 5 and 30 billion of addition costs, Really - this is very vague

There wasn't much wrong with BL, just far to many managers and not enough engineers - same with the NHS, to many overpaid paper pushers and not enough care givers.

Apart from:

The Mini
Maxi
Allegro
Princess
SD1
Toledo
Triumph 2000

etc etc

Badge engineering of poorly engineered cars, produced on aged production lines by rebellious workers..... whilst the Germans and Japanese concentrated on a handful of well engineered cars that didn't rust to pieces in a handful of years.

Cars designed by managers and committees are doomed to fail, an NHS run by politicians and "managers" will have a similar fate. There's plenty of engineering legacy that came out of BL that's proved the value of the engineering - not sure the same could be said about their management and marketing.

Yep those figures are vauge, but that's statistics for you, I'll leave you to find figures that suit you sir - but I'm yet to see a report that mentions a saving.

Badge engineering of poorly engineered cars, produced on aged production lines by rebellious workers..... whilst the Germans and Japanese concentrated on a handful of well engineered cars that didn't rust to pieces in a handful of years.

Badge engineering ?

You mean the Acclaim, based on Honda's Ballade

Or the 800, based on the Legend

How about 213 and 216 ? where did that come from ?

The mini, yep like all cars of that era they were designed to rust - but the longevity of the concept can't be questioned - how about the K series engine ?

I'm not so sure your castigation of BL for badge engineering stacks up.

OK maybe the beige Allegro with an almost square steering wheel that my grandfather owned wasn't great.

Badge engineering ?

You mean the Acclaim, based on Honda's Ballade

Or the 800, based on the Legend

How about 213 and 216 ? where did that come from ?

The mini, yep like all cars of that era they were designed to rust - but the longevity of the concept can't be questioned - how about the K series engine ?

I'm not so sure your castigation of BL for badge engineering stacks up.

OK maybe the beige Allegro with an almost square steering wheel that my grandfather owned wasn't great.

Hum... so the Morris ---, the Austin... the Vanden Plas ....the Wolesley ...

Just change the badges and a few bits of trim!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princ..._.2F_Morris_.2F_Wolseley_18.E2.80.9322_Series

for example

Hum... so the Morris ---, the Austin... the Vanden Plas ....the Wolesley ...

Just change the badges and a few bits of trim!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princ..._.2F_Morris_.2F_Wolseley_18.E2.80.9322_Series

for example
I take exception with you Sir, BL cars were brill; we had Morris Oxford, Austin 1100, Morris Marina later Ital, not to mention the Princess. All hand made, cos the machines that put them together never did it right, and the humans had to fix em!

Reply to Hunt caught out in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net