Discuss hyco hand wash 3kw? need help. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
wokring on a job, plumber fitted one of these. i wire it in, turn on water then power. nothing happens, no light comes on, inside there is micro switch/saftey cut off, so if u push a little tab on it in, it comes on? but if water flows how does it turn on. me and plumber are totally goosed on this. he says he fitted loads and this is 3rd one here. i have no clue im at wits end. please any advice. i will phone hyco tommorw. i emailed them already explaining problem and they said return unit.!

These type of handwashes usually have a pressure sensor that ensures that there is enough water pressure present to allow the system to start, if the there is not enough pressure then it will stay off.
This sounds like there is not enough water pressure to allow a start up.
When you operate the microswitch does water flow or do the lights just come on?
If no water flows then makes sure there are no blockages from the install.
If the water flows and seems to be under pressure then, as tiny spark has said, what should operate this microswitch.

ok, when u turn dial for water, it flows, even if power off. but little switch also open, only when u depress it with a screwdriver or somthing, light comes on, hot water flows but when take off screwdriver, little tab on switch comes out and light goes off. plumber said he fitted these with lower pressure, pressure is good here, it comes off sink tap an that has good pressure. but i see what u mean with what shud operate the switch, there is nothing to push it in. its nightmare honstly. i dont know why daft plumber fit three of these bloody things.

If you are pressing the microswitch with a screwdriver then the cover is not in place. Unless the microswitch is outside the cover which sounds unlikely.
Have a look on the inside of the cover and see if there is a pin or protrusion sticking out that will press onto the microswitch when the cover is in place, if there is nothing there then look carefully to see if there was something there and it has broken off or fallen off, if so then repair or replace the broken/missing bit.

ok ill have a good look again, maybe element is wired wrong or somthin, its all spade connetors inside it. ill phone up hyco today an see what they say an let yall know what happened.

Reply to hyco hand wash 3kw? need help. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net