Discuss I always get the stupid tight customers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andystraughan

Priced a job Wednesday night existing fan in bathroom wasn't working properly. Said she needed a new fan. priced for an manrose 100t inline fan and new ducting etc and to install a new spot in bathroom £170. She allready had it done for £85!!!! Today!!! Materials are the best part of £70-80 and is difficult to access.

diff women called said her husband has installed spots in kitchen and now no lights are working. said I can come out for £45(this is 5 o'clock at night just down the road) "£45 is a a lot of money to get swap a few wires over" phone down

guy calls " I've pulled a new cable in from the fuse box to my oven and need some one to check that it's the right cable size and it's connected properly" no thanks

doing a kitchen rewire no bonding on water or gas. Say it needs doing but it's an extra. "We didn't agree to that so don't do it" me " well it needs doing to comply or regs and for safety" no don't do it( still moaning about it now)

All in one week RANT OVER

Your materials are a bit over priced! On the first job! And for the rest, well these jobs are a regular occurrence in this trade so best get used to the awkward customer lol. Although I have full sympathy with what you are saying!

I first fixed a cellar that was being converted into a kitchen over a year ago. Got paid for first fix, heard nothing for over a year until 2 weeks ago when they said its ready for me to 2nd fix.
Got there yesterday and all sockets had been connected, all 6 light fittings fitted, all that was left was switches (switch fed and 2 way) and the consumer unit.
Mr DIY has had a go himself, done the easy bits and then thought oh cr*p,There's 7 cables in that switch!!!

I first fixed a cellar that was being converted into a kitchen over a year ago. Got paid for first fix, heard nothing for over a year until 2 weeks ago when they said its ready for me to 2nd fix.
Got there yesterday and all sockets had been connected, all 6 light fittings fitted, all that was left was switches (switch fed and 2 way) and the consumer unit.
Mr DIY has had a go himself, done the easy bits and then thought oh cr*p,There's 7 cables in that switch!!!

SO the first thing you do is to point out that you will have to bell out the cables to see where they go and surprise surprise, mr DIY won't have saved any money!

Reply to I always get the stupid tight customers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net