Discuss I am designing a wall light with 3 core 0.75mm cable leads. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I am designing a wall light . Can the cable leads from the fitting be connected to the mains wiring inside the wall cavity or does the connection have to be within a terminal housing as part of the fitting?

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
Not all walls have a cavity, even if it does, any cable joint needs to be within an enclosure.
the simplest way to achieve this is normally to enclose the terminals within the fitting.

Reply to I am designing a wall light with 3 core 0.75mm cable leads. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net