Discuss I am fit and strong and healthy, but not 21! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As in the title, I keep fit. I run, swim, cycle and lift weights.... I feel good! I feel 21! :D
However, yesterday and I was leaping around a customers garden as I needed to get a move on. I leapt out of his garden patch over a mini wall only 12" high and my back went crunch.
Now I'm hobbling like a 80 year old and probably off work for a week.
Went to the chiropractor who reminded me I am 46 with a dodgy back and losing my hair. :(

I’m 1 year older than you. Last year I was fit as a flea. I also ran , swam, gymed. I got an injury so had to stop a while.

This year I’m falling apart. Its amazing what 1 year can do. I feel 67 rather than 47.

I really know how you feel.

A few years ago I thought it would be a good idea to go with the kids to one of these trampoline parks. 10 mins in I stepped onto a trampoline and my foot went off at an angle. I crawled off onto the walkway with a bent foot... All the time this bloke keeps asking "are you ok?, are you ok?" I couldn't answer him cause if I opened my mouth I would have just screamed and swore a lot. I had to keep a brave face for my kids.
I ended up in E&R.... "It's only broken and damaged ligaments." I was told..
I know my age now so just leave the kids stuff to the kids.... :sob:

Did that once. Chatting to a lass in a pub. She worked in Preston Prison. She did the silly thing of asking me how old I thought she was. I looked at her and said "..about 35?". "You cheeky @@@@@@@@@. I'm only 26" was the reply. "Oh.... I got to go now and find my mates...." Was the only think I could think of saying.
Now all females are 21.... Problem solved..

As in the title, I keep fit. I run, swim, cycle and lift weights.... I feel good! I feel 21! :D
However, yesterday and I was leaping around a customers garden as I needed to get a move on. I leapt out of his garden patch over a mini wall only 12" high and my back went crunch.
Now I'm hobbling like a 80 year old and probably off work for a week.
Went to the chiropractor who reminded me I am 46 with a dodgy back and losing my hair. :(
Yes Steve, I am in the same boat, have back problems for years. Went click 3weeks ago could not walk and the pain was terrible. Four sessions with the osteopath and am walking again, better but still have a way to go.I feel for you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's body is not 21 any more, same hurry fally aparty bits here! back elbows thumbs and knees, and most recently slid down the side door step on my van and ripped the skin off both shins top to bottom. Rubbed the pain away as you do! Next day they were all inflamed and looking rough, yep infection in both shins 500mg antibiotics for 7 days and cream. No dust keep them clean and dry. Well my paperwork has never been so up to date but damn I don't do sitting round well at all!! :(

Working on a job at the moment. Small extension. Builder used a local double glazing fitter to move set of double glazed French windows. The guy is 77. Does park runs and other 5k fun runs. Raving about his latest pair of Nikes and how he just knock 2mins off one of his best times.

A few years ago I asked the duo who cleaned our office windows (in Lanark) if they had been anywhere nice for their Summer holiday...they are brothers, and were in their 70s at the time.

"Oh yes, we went on a cycling holiday to Holland!"

"Huh! Holland! Flat as a pancake then?"

"Yes, the worst bit was the stretch to Hull, to the ferry!"

I am not as old as the man I feel. I feel a hell of a lot older than the 47 I am.
47???? just about run in then. call me when you're 70 ( you'll need a medium for that though as i don't think i'll still be living at 95).

Reply to I am fit and strong and healthy, but not 21! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock