Discuss I am looking for advise. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I am about to start a Domestic Electrical Installation course where I will sit the EAL Level 3 Qualification, “Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings”, commonly referred to as Part ‘P’. Upon completion of the Part P, I will then go on to the course for The 18th. Edition Wiring Regulations.

I have been reading a lot about what work I can carry out but everything I find has slightly different information. Can anyone tell me what I am able to do with this qualification and knowledge and point me in the best direction afterwards?
I want to work my way up to be a fully qualified electrician so any advise is very much appreciated, thanks in advance!

all you can do is domestic installation work. for work requiring notification to BC ( new circuits, CU s, work in speciallocations) yo will need to be niceic registered (kerching) £££££. if you wish to be a qualified sparks, the only route is 2356 levels 2 and 3, folloewd by NVQ and AM2, along with a few tears of experience on the tools.

The 2 courses mentioned are only building regs and wiring regs. You would also need a course on electrical installation work in dwellings. And inspection and testing.

all you can do is domestic installation work. for work requiring notification to BC ( new circuits, CU s, work in speciallocations) yo will need to be niceic registered (kerching) £££££. if you wish to be a qualified sparks, the only route is 2356 levels 2 and 3, folloewd by NVQ and AM2, along with a few tears of experience on the tools.
Hi,

Thanks for replying! I need all the guidance I can get :D

The 2 courses mentioned are only building regs and wiring regs. You would also need a course on electrical installation work in dwellings. And inspection and testing.
Hi Loz,

Thanks for the reply. After completing these courses, I can then go on to the following through the same course provider:
-Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
-Level 3 Award in Electrical Installation Condition Reporting (Periodic Inspection and Testing.

Are these two courses sufficient for starting to seek Domestic Electrical Work?

P.S I will also gain an In-house Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installation Practices and Procedures from the first course.

Sorry I hadn't realised this was included.
So this, part P, wiring regs BS7671, and the initial verification course would be the minimum.
Thanks for confirming. its hard to find everything just using google :)

Will the following courses allow me to fit new circuits and certify my own work?
-Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
-Level 3 Award in Electrical Installation Condition Reporting (Periodic Inspection and Testing.

might be an idea to contact niceic. apparently they are tightening up on entry requirements from this september.

Reply to I am looking for advise. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net