Discuss I couldn't resist posting this one in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Steve_P

This really isn't helping but I had forgotten just how much the anonymous like the sound of their own voices when there is no direct accountability to those affected.

Okay I give in, you are completely correct and I in my line of work know nothing about how the infrastructure of networks work but that of course is irrelevant.

1. Not updating or replying in any way to requests and questions for over 48 hours is not ignoring those requests, it is putting them on a back burner so that the customer feels something is being done. You are perfectly correct.
2. I agree that you have done everything in your power to resolve this, to the extent that you kindly passed on all the information I asked for to enable me to take over from you and sit on the phone waiting for a suitable response from BT.
3. The continued stream of information passed on from BT to OpenReach to BT to you to me is in no way meant to mislead. The invisible piskie engineers were in fact in the lane working on the problem, the invisipole has been put in on various dates but the solid pole has not and the armoured cable has been run on sky hooks as a temporary fix to an on-going problem
4. I see it all so clearly now. For me to receive 1/16 the broadband service and 0% phone service does not go against any service conditions or T's & T'c but for me to reduce payment to reflect that lack of service does. Good to know where your customers stand and I’ll look out for that in the next TV advert.
5. Of course it is totally a satisfactory reply to 1 ½ months without a complete service and partial answers to my questions. This is why I will be taking my account to E.E. who will be providing a cheaper and faster service that ****Net. They are in fact 25% cheaper than yourselves as are at least 2 other companies so please don’t tell me you are the cheapest company.
6. In regards to the last comment, I really don't think anyone at ****net cares less anymore about their customers. I have been with Force9 for a number of years and have seen a steady decline in service over the last few of those years as ****net has grown and grown. It's really a shame as it used to be a company I would and have happily recommended to the customers I support.

No further payment will be made by me for this service which you have been unable to provide and I look forward to receiving the refund for the lack of service over the last month and a half which has been promised in previous updates. Should ****net seek ANY remuneration I will provide invoices for the time I have spent on trying to resolve this problem myself.

(and before I get asked the obvious, in a previous life I was involved in comms and cabling 22 floors of office in sarf lundun)

As with most things these days, its all about profit and sod the customer...

Ahhh, good old Orange. I got away from Orange mobile when they went in with t-mobile. They were seriously miffed when I went left them but they couldn't compete on price. I've now got unlimited everything for less than their skanky old package. Same with F9 to EE. Service levels are probably about the same and commitment to the customer too but as F9 showed no loyalty I'm off for the cheaper option and faster speed. Simples.

O2 works well where i live,I tried Orange but it didn't work at all,I could get a signal placing the phone on my knee but lost it when I picked up the phone,they said they wouldn't cancel the contract unless I rang them from home on the mobile,which was an impossibility.in the end I left the phone in their shop and cancelled my direct debit,but they kept e mailing for months saying I had left my phone in their shop,they're all the same,tell you anything to get your cash,then sod you when it goes wrong.

For mobile, I think giffgaff is awesome, ÂŁ12 a month on paygo, unlimited txt and data, & 250mins, and you can set it to auto renew like a contract. as for internet fiber with sky pro is great 80meg down 20 up for ÂŁ40 a month inc line rental.

Reply to I couldn't resist posting this one in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net