Discuss I hav e 2 sockets that are inacessable in my flat, I have an inspection in a few days in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

What's your reason for posting this? Are you concerned that you will somehow be in trouble if two sockets can't be accessed?

What makes them inaccessible, moveable furniture in front or something more permanent?
Have the Council asked you to make sure all sockets can be accessed?

What's your reason for posting this? Are you concerned that you will somehow be in trouble if two sockets can't be accessed?
Yes I'm concerned,! The council sent letter saying make sure all acessable, so I'm asking is it possible to do an inspection with 2 sockets that you can't get to? Sorry if this is too insignificant for your forum.

Yes I'm concerned,! The council sent letter saying make sure all acessable, so I'm asking is it possible to do an inspection with 2 sockets that you can't get to? Sorry if this is too insignificant for your forum.

No need to be like that, he's just wanting some background/details about your question. There wasn't much detail in your original post.

I think the best thing to do is reply to the council - advise them of the situation and see if it will be a problem for them.
Different councils might have different opinions.

I think you'll be fine, don't worry. When we test it's normal to do a 'sample' - so basically not every single outlet. When the tester visits you, just point them out (where they're behind furniture, I'm guessing) and unless some other part of the testing throws up a problem that might be related to those then it's unlikely to even be noticed.

No need to be like that, he's just wanting some background/details about your question. There wasn't much detail in your original post.

I think the best thing to do is reply to the council - advise them of the situation and see if it will be a problem for them.
Different councils might have different opinions.
No worries I had a brainwave and just rang a couple of electricians. They said it wouldn't be a problem, Dunn why I didn't think of that before I joined your site and wasted your time, thanks for replying and everything :)

No worries I had a brainwave and just rang a couple of electricians. They said it wouldn't be a problem, Dunn why I didn't think of that before I joined your site and wasted your time, thanks for replying and everything :)

You haven't wasted our time at all. You did the right thing finding out before the inspection. Hope it goes well.

I think you'll be fine, don't worry. When we test it's normal to do a 'sample' - so basically not every single outlet. When the tester visits you, just point them out (where they're behind furniture, I'm guessing) and unless some other part of the testing throws up a problem that might be related to those then it's unlikely to even be noticed.
Thankyou that's good, v grateful

Reply to I hav e 2 sockets that are inacessable in my flat, I have an inspection in a few days in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net