Discuss I have a question re circuit interrupters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

helpinnc

DIY
Reaction score
Over the past decade all outlets in my 3.5 bathrooms have stopped delivering power. The lights in each work fine, just no plug in power. My ex-husband told me to check each individual circuit interruptor as there is one for each bath. When I pulled it up online I realized what he was referring to. All 3 different electricians I have consulted regarding the problem, that was the first thing they looked for and all we were able to locate is one for the downstairs, in my garage, and one for the upstairs in my kitchen. None of the 3.5 bathrooms have that type outlet. I unscrewed the plate in one of them to see perhaps if just the uncorrect plate was used but from what I can see behind the plugs there is no trip of any kind. The house was built in 1989 in North Carolina. Is it possible it was wired incorrectly? I have not disconnected the plug part, to see what is behind that, should I?

Over the past decade all outlets in my 3.5 bathrooms have stopped delivering power. The lights in each work fine, just no plug in power. My ex-husband told me to check each individual circuit interruptor as there is one for each bath. When I pulled it up online I realized what he was referring to. All 3 different electricians I have consulted regarding the problem, that was the first thing they looked for and all we were able to locate is one for the downstairs, in my garage, and one for the upstairs in my kitchen. None of the 3.5 bathrooms have that type outlet. I unscrewed the plate in one of them to see perhaps if just the uncorrect plate was used but from what I can see behind the plugs there is no trip of any kind. The house was built in 1989 in North Carolina. Is it possible it was wired incorrectly? I have not disconnected the plug part, to see what is behind that, should I?
It sounds to me like it’s in your panel. What part of N.C. do you live I’m in the Charlotte area

10 years is a long time not to have power in 3 1/2 bathrooms outlets and it should be so simple and you’ve paid 3 so called electricians. You need a license electrician and I live about 3 1/2 hours from you

10 years is a long time not to have power in 3 1/2 bathrooms outlets and it should be so simple and you’ve paid 3 so called electricians. You need a license electrician and I live about 3 1/2 hours from you
Thanks for your encouragement. It hasn't been too bad, and it pales to some of the other things that have occurred in that time, a divorce from a husband who didn't believe in house maintenance, my father's passing from a major stroke, and 8 years of providing care for my mother who passed away at 94. I am now kind of viewing all the house projects as a work in progress. Since there is now just myself and my cats nobody else is being inconvenienced. It is kind of strange though as they did not all go out at once, it was more of a domino-like cascade. One of the electricians was talking about a crimp somewhere in the house as it settled over time. That thought terrifies me since the house sits on a concrete slab built into a hill and all I can picture is torn up drywall all over the place

I am in Chapel Hill, a little far for a service call, but thank you. When you refer to my panel, what do you mean?
Outside your house you should have a meter with power coming in from the power company and depending when your house was built you should have a panel beside your meter outside, plus a panel inside your house

Reply to I have a question re circuit interrupters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net