Discuss I have an old reddifusion switch on a wall which i want to remove but its still live..can anyone advise please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Call me naive...
What did that do? Was it a way to change channels on old tv’s?

my parents house had some form of communally cabled tv signal back in the early 70’s.... only lasted a few years, until they put up an aerial.
Back in the day when they rented a tv from a local shop.

Call me naive...
What did that do? Was it a way to change channels on old tv’s?

my parents house had some form of communally cabled tv signal back in the early 70’s.... only lasted a few years, until they put up an aerial.
Back in the day when they rented a tv from a local shop.
it was a TV switch. the Rediffusion TVs didn't have tuners. this was done upstream. al the TVs were modular construction. in the field, we replaced a faulty panel, returning the fauly one for the workshop guys to repair and re-issue. 5 times out of 10, the replacement "repaired" panel was worse than the one we were replacing.

it was a TV switch. the Rediffusion TVs didn't have tuners. this was done upstream. al the TVs were modular construction. in the field, we replaced a faulty panel, returning the fauly one for the workshop guys to repair and re-issue. 5 times out of 10, the replacement "repaired" panel was worse than the one we were replacing.
The old MK1 hybrid colour TVs with the decoder boards that the colour dropped out all the time, croc clip across the test pins and turn the trimmer for the slowest Hanover bars. Rediffusion cable TV IIRC had 10V or 14V DC on the vision channels and 50VDC on the radio channels. It will be well dead by now, chop it and remove it.

Reply to I have an old reddifusion switch on a wall which i want to remove but its still live..can anyone advise please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net