Discuss I have no interest in politics but..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are you bothering to vote in the upcoming general election.

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will be doing my bit up here- handing out leaflets and manning the polling place

Intersting times, Labour (Scotland sub office) has just changed their stance on another indy ref.
it has went from NO to not in the labour government term to not in the first 2 years to yes if there is another mandate in 2021 (apparently this vote on Dec 12th does not count)

The Lib Dem ex MSP on the news tonight changed the same, times are changing.
They can see the writing on the wall.

Predictions,,, I have been known to be wrong,,

Boris 60 seat majority over all others.
Corbyn will just keep his seat but will refuse to resign as Leader of the loosing Oppositon Party.
Swinson won't get back in, Lib-Dems will get 2 or 3 seats. They may have to do the safest Lib Dem seat resign and By-election to get her back in.
SNP, not intersted in what they do. (appologies to any Scots)
Brexit maybe a dozen.
All the other minor groups Zero.

Predictions,,, I have been known to be wrong,,

Boris 60 seat majority over all others.
Corbyn will just keep his seat but will refuse to resign as Leader of the loosing Oppositon Party.
Swinson won't get back in, Lib-Dems will get 2 or 3 seats. They may have to do the safest Lib Dem seat resign and By-election to get her back in.
SNP, not intersted in what they do. (appologies to any Scots)
Brexit maybe a dozen.
All the other minor groups Zero.
I can see why you do not do predictions Snowhead, you're not very good at them :):):)

Let me help with yours,
Johnson no majority, maybe a tiny one but I doubt it.
Corbyn will keep his seat, 30k majority, if Johnson has a small majority he will resign.
Agree on Swinson but disagree after that, 15-20 seats and no one will resign for Swinson.
SNP, I'm quite interest because they may well hold the ballence of power.
Brexit 'Party' no seats, that's none, zero, nill, zilch.
Other minor partys, Green 1.

I can see why you do not do predictions Snowhead, you're not very good at them :):):)

Let me help with yours,
Johnson no majority, maybe a tiny one but I doubt it.
Corbyn will keep his seat, 30k majority, if Johnson has a small majority he will resign.
Agree on Swinson but disagree after that, 15-20 seats and no one will resign for Swinson.
SNP, I'm quite interest because they may well hold the ballence of power.
Brexit 'Party' no seats, that's none, zero, nill, zilch.
Other minor partys, Green 1.

My prediction:
Johnson no majority

Corbyn will keep his seat
Agree on Swinson but disagree after that, 15-20 seats and no one will resign for Swinson- shoogly peg, Lib Dems to get <12 seats
SNP, >52 seats (over 50, maybe 56)

Brexit 'Party' zero
Green 1.

The SNP will probably hold a balance of power unless people are silly enough to back the LidDems after they helped the tories usher in austerity, bedroom tax etc.

If Boris fails to get a majority then he is toast- the Tories do not hang on to lame ducks

Bear in mind lots of new voters have registered and I bet the majority of them are not for the tories

I was quite content to leave it for a few years but the broken promises and sheer contempt for Scotland tied with the leaving the EU has brought it up the agenda

In the Good Friday agreement there is a 7 year wait between referendums, had we not been leaving the EU with all the chaos that ensues I would be happy to wait.

Spain would never allow Scotland to join the EU as an independent state. It would cause many of their own autonomous communities to shout louder for independence.

The Uk as a whole offers a big chunk of money for the EU, on its own Scotland will not be such a attractive proposition for the EU, most likely they would be putting money in to Scotland and after the UK has stoped paying in as the 4th largest contributor they won't have the cash to chuck around on new members.

The Uk as a whole offers a big chunk of money for the EU, on its own Scotland will not be such a attractive proposition for the EU, most likely they would be putting money in to Scotland and after the UK has stoped paying in as the 4th largest contributor they won't have the cash to chuck around on new members.

Who knows. If people like @baldelectrician wanna leave the Union, sad as that is after 300 odd years friendship, the history, military units etc. My Great Grand Father was a Scot, I've never visited Scotland, one on my bucket list, he sought his fortune down here. Seems we are destine to break up. Don't know why, as we are all controlled by the same peoples.

Who knows. If people like @baldelectrician wanna leave the Union, sad as that is after 300 odd years friendship, the history, military units etc. My Great Grand Father was a Scot, I've never visited Scotland, one on my bucket list, he sought his fortune down here. Seems we are destine to break up. Don't know why, as we are all controlled by the same peoples.

I am very pro independence, which should be read as anti Westminster.

I prefer to holiday in the UK

The issue is a lack of respect from Westminster and the establishment for example;

Prior to indyref 1 we were told by David Cameron that 'we want Scots to lead the UK, not leave the UK'
The very day after the referendum he introduced 'English votes for English laws- which I agree with. Scots MP's in Westminster do not have Scottish Votes for Scottish laws.
Tie that with the disdain the PM shows for a government of Corbyn propped up by the SNP- we are either equal partners in the union or we aren't

See the Tories walk out most times the SNP get up to speak (more value here)

View: https://youtu.be/TLcJsuRandw
Walk out

The point of indy is to make up our own mind- for example a Scottish Government may not have participated in Iraq
[automerge]1574889941[/automerge]
To make people elsewhere see my point of view please see the Wings site

It is very pro-indy and he can be a bit of a marmite guy but he really knows how to point out the 2 faces of unionism

Video of Ruth Davidson saying different to her 'no to indyref' mantra on live TV
View: https://youtu.be/TYjzqrRQ-rU

Lib Dem’s will especially promise anything, to get a sniff of power.
Tories currently promising anything in direct contradiction of what they’ve been doing over the last ten years. Wake up and smell the s..t that’s heading this way. Years of negotiating with Europe to get a worse deal than we already have, continued privatisation of NHS, Tories continue to line their pockets at expense of working man. We’ll end up having to adopt the Euro just to get back in. How can anyone support a party who’s idiot of a Foreign Secretary threatens the family of hit and run victim Harry Dunn with counter suing and taking their house away because of his department inept handling of the US subject involved. We are being governed and manipulated by a bunch of lying criminals. Get convicted of fraud... oh yes you can stand for re election a Tory candidate. Wake up. They don’t give a f..k about the general uk population, it’s just an Old Etonian game to them.
Rant over!

All tight calm down, it’s only a debate about politics. :)
[automerge]1574925979[/automerge]
I am very pro independence, which should be read as anti Westminster.

I prefer to holiday in the UK

The issue is a lack of respect from Westminster and the establishment for example;

Prior to indyref 1 we were told by David Cameron that 'we want Scots to lead the UK, not leave the UK'
The very day after the referendum he introduced 'English votes for English laws- which I agree with. Scots MP's in Westminster do not have Scottish Votes for Scottish laws.
Tie that with the disdain the PM shows for a government of Corbyn propped up by the SNP- we are either equal partners in the union or we aren't

See the Tories walk out most times the SNP get up to speak (more value here)

View: https://youtu.be/TLcJsuRandw
Walk out

The point of indy is to make up our own mind- for example a Scottish Government may not have participated in Iraq
[automerge]1574889941[/automerge]
To make people elsewhere see my point of view please see the Wings site

It is very pro-indy and he can be a bit of a marmite guy but he really knows how to point out the 2 faces of unionism

Video of Ruth Davidson saying different to her 'no to indyref' mantra on live TV
View: https://youtu.be/TYjzqrRQ-rU
Look forward to the Scexit negotiations, if your successful. Wonder how long they will last :)

Last edited:

Look forward to the Scexit negotiations, if your successful. Wonder how long they will last :)
here you goes.
1574928851661.png

The UK will be arrogant (just like with Ireland and the backstop) but they will see the light once they realise a few things
  • Scotland will be in the EU and have 27 mates at her back, Scotland not happy= no EU deal
  • Scotland produces double the leccy she uses- will the lights stay on after Scexit?
  • Scotland produces 5 times more gas and 6 times more oil than it uses- do they want higher energy prices after Scexit?
  • Scotland will fully open the port of Rosyth and many exports that go down south will go that way instead- expect the fares to be low to encourage use.
  • Once Scotland leaves expect any fUK (former UK) -US trade deal that does not look favourably at Scotland to be blocked- a very high percentage of US politicians claim Scots heritage

Remember Scotland just wants out (on fair and reasonable terms) and the current lot at Westminster are playing hard ball because they know they are losing a cash cow.

Reply to I have no interest in politics but..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net