Discuss I have no interest in politics but..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Are you bothering to vote in the upcoming general election.

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've not much of a political analyst, nor sure of the exact differences of all the political parties, but I think its important to use your vote. Indeed, if more people bothered to vote for the Referendum, we might be in a different position now.

My two sons rarely vote, but because of the log jam of Brexit, they will this time. They both intend to vote Tories, not necessarily because they support them, but because they are fed up with this current impasse.

It will be interesting to see the turn out for this election, compared to others.

So in a snap poll of many people across all walks of life in vary locations in the U.K, the overwhelming result by 4 to 1 is that,, 80% are going to vote.
Translating that into votes at the poles means there will be an outcome to the Election.

So in a snap poll of many people across all walks of life in vary locations in the U.K, the overwhelming result by 4 to 1 is that,, 80% are going to vote.
Translating that into votes at the poles means there will be an outcome to the Election.
might all depend on which way the poles vote. eu or brexit? where's swd WHEN YOUWANTHIM?

I have some polish neighbours, lovely people, who now have British passports and they voted leave......

I suspect the Brexit log jam won’t be solved but I have absolutely no understanding why anyone would be voting for the lying, deceiving self-interested shysters who call themselves the Tory party. They don’t care about the working man and are just playing us all for fools. PS I’m no Labour supporter ... which is the normal assumption.

I suspect the Brexit log jam won’t be solved but I have absolutely no understanding why anyone would be voting for the lying, deceiving self-interested shysters who call themselves the Tory party. They don’t care about the working man and are just playing us all for fools. PS I’m no Labour supporter ... which is the normal assumption.
Therein lies the problem....I doubt many people believe boris but the alternative is Corbyn and Abbott....

Therein lies the problem....I doubt many people believe boris but the alternative is Corbyn and Abbott....
This is my issue are people voting for the best of the bad if that makes sense. Why bother if no one inspires confidence.

I think the problem with nearly all political figures is that they are educated way beyond the level of their own intelligence, a reason why I have not voted for many years nor read or watch the press.

Where I live a vote for anything other than Lib Dem or SNP is a wasted vote.

LibDem want to ignore the Referendum. I didn't agree with the outcome but strongly believe we should follow the result. So that's a no from me.

SNP I would have more time for if they weren't banging on about another referendum just because they didn't like the result of the last one. I also strongly dislike their practice of blaming all the worlds ills on the evils of Westminster. Another no from me.

Labour and Conservatives have more chance of working together for the benefit of the country than winning the seat where I live.

LibDem want to ignore the Referendum. I didn't agree with the outcome but strongly believe we should follow the result. So that's a no from me.

SNP I would have more time for if they weren't banging on about another referendum just because they didn't like the result of the last one. I also strongly dislike their practice of blaming all the worlds ills on the evils of Westminster. Another no from me.

Labour and Conservatives have more chance of working together for the benefit of the country than winning the seat where I live.
Much like us with conservatives and labour down here mate....personally I’d hate to see the SNP succeed in independence ?

People seem surprised the SNP talk about independence- it is controversial but bears also poop in the woods

The fct is that the Scottish electorate were told that the only way to keep Scotland in the EU was to vote NO to independence
[automerge]1574554205[/automerge]
info here

I have no interest in politics but..... {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:
People seem surprised the SNP talk about independence- it is controversial but bears also poop in the woods

The fct is that the Scottish electorate were told that the only way to keep Scotland in the EU was to vote NO to independence
[automerge]1574554205[/automerge]
info here

I have no interest in politics but..... {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
I have a problem understanding the stance of the SNP in wanting to stay in the EU while at the same time demanding independence from a very close and friendly UK. In leaving the UK you would probably make trading across the boarder complicated? with a country that speaks the same language, has very very similar culture (after all we have been living and working together for centuries) you have a devolved government that would probably be able to get more control of the policy's that matter more to Scotland by remaining in the UK than you would ever get from the EU. The EU has stated very clearly that national sovereignty is not wanted and should be given up by the member countries of the EU to form a superstate to take on the rest of the world, so why give up a centuries old alliance where you have a good chance to get your point of view listened to, for a closed shop, protectionist, none democratic institution that is dedicated to removing national identities & the sovereignty's of member nations, perhaps I am missing something or just to dumb to understand.

Reply to I have no interest in politics but..... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock