Discuss I have wired my electric wall fire into the fcu next to it . I twised the stranded wires and secured them in the terminals . in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

If they are fine stranded cables then you should be using a bootlace ferrule.

Bootlace ferrules are not required

Just strip twist and fold over

You may disagree Tel, but on the industrial plant I work on it is a requirement to use bootlace ferrules to avoid the risk of faults caused by poor terminations.

You may disagree Tel, but on the industrial plant I work on it is a requirement to use bootlace ferrules to avoid the risk of faults caused by poor terminations.
where did i disagree. just seen it. slipof the sausage fingers, replaced with agree.

my fault. i pressed the wrong ---. back to OP what is this word, "scrauded"?

However, some accessories have (or had) terminals suitable for fine stranded cables, in which case ferrules are not essential. A few types of terminal such as the older MK wrap-around screw with captive washer, as found on their flex-outlet FCUs for many years, were designed especially for fine-stranded and could not be used with ferrules.

Reply to I have wired my electric wall fire into the fcu next to it . I twised the stranded wires and secured them in the terminals . in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock