Pete's Videos I know it's old hat.

Discuss I know it's old hat. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I found the very subtle digs at Ms Clancy's presentation very amusing, the pictures of wads of cash appearing everywhere, the Chap sat behind Her right shoulder, smiling in what I thought was disbelief, worth a watch.

Simple, don’t do domestic work, twice the money and half the hassle.

Still doesn't resolve the fact, that even in commercial & industrial fields, there are contractors who don't come up to a sufficient standard.

Some of their clients have a clerk of works ( or whatever the title is these days), that carry out inspections of verification of installations. But many don't.

I know one contractor after going through revisit inspections was removed from the NICEIC roll and joined NAPIT straight after.

I know one contractor after going through revisit inspections was removed from the NICEIC roll and joined NAPIT straight after.

Breaking news,in order to dispel that myth the Nic issued the following statement

"Contrary to rumours we can assure our prospective members that no such action has ever,or will ever be undertaken by us"

This is all much ado about nothing. You get good and bad in every area/trade/position universally. If the government want to make a big deal about us electricians let us form a CPS for entering governance and let us see how many of the 650 members meet muster for morals (none?) skill(none) honesty(expenses scandal) and so on. I think I could winnow them down to a handful in a few weeks. And they dare to sit as our judge and master? Foscar Oxtrot!

This is all much ado about nothing. You get good and bad in every area/trade/position universally. If the government want to make a big deal about us electricians let us form a CPS for entering governance and let us see how many of the 650 members meet muster for morals (none?) skill(none) honesty(expenses scandal) and so on. I think I could winnow them down to a handful in a few weeks. And they dare to sit as our judge and master? Foscar Oxtrot!
Someone tuched a nerve Vorty?:D :)

Sometimes the futility of all these schemes and the fairness (lack of) does get my dander up, yes. Not one of these schemes has stopped all the dodgy tradesmen. The schemes have now become monsters consuming our cash (us honest tradesmen) and the dodgy ones getting away with cash in hand dangerous work. And all this while not getting one step further to effective regulation and safety. Then on top of it wasting taxes I pay to investigate for the umpteenth time schemes that do not work, cut the gordian knot I say do away with all schemes you are either competent through the old fashioned apprentice scheme or not allowed under pain of prison/fine to do such work.

Still doesn't resolve the fact, that even in commercial & industrial fields, there are contractors who don't come up to a sufficient standard.

Some of their clients have a clerk of works ( or whatever the title is these days), that carry out inspections of verification of installations. But many don't.

The question I was answering wasn’t about solving anything, the question was regarding how do you work without being registered with a scheme.

The simple answer is that you can work in the non-domestic sector without scheme membership, and make more money doing so.

I could be incorrect but wasn't the initial thinking to have one scheme which the public could identify with like CORGI, now GasSafe. How on earth can electrical safety be correctly monitored with all these different schemes sniping at each other in an attempt to put THEIR head above the parapet.

The question I was answering wasn’t about solving anything, the question was regarding how do you work without being registered with a scheme.

The simple answer is that you can work in the non-domestic sector without scheme membership, and make more money doing so.

Putting up a few lights for Mrs Miggins, ain't gonna make you much money. The trap is (being in the domestic market), you've got to be in a scheme (England & Wales) to make it financially viable.

Putting up a few lights for Mrs Miggins, ain't gonna make you much money. The trap is (being in the domestic market), you've got to be in a scheme (England & Wales) to make it financially viable.

Which is why I said you can work in the NON DOMESTIC sector without being registered with a scheme and earn more money doing so.

I could be incorrect but wasn't the initial thinking to have one scheme which the public could identify with like CORGI, now GasSafe. How on earth can electrical safety be correctly monitored with all these different schemes sniping at each other in an attempt to put THEIR head above the parapet.
All these schemes have done is take the pressure off LBC who would not have been able to cope when Part P came into effect. They have pulled in electricians who work in the new and existing domestic housing markets and for some good those like kitchen fitters etc.

All these schemes have done is take the pressure off LBC who would not have been able to cope when Part P came into effect. They have pulled in electricians who work in the new and existing domestic housing markets and for some good those like kitchen fitters etc.
Not sure what your point is Ant.

So a qualified experienced competent electrician who in his career has done domestic finishing off working in commercial so not needed to join a scheme retires let's call him Pete and wants to install a 10mm to replace the 6mm for his previous shower either get stung for the LBC fees or has to employ an electrician that belongs to one of these schemes.

Not sure what your point is Ant.

Reply to I know it's old hat. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock