Discuss I love this tool! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

About the bag I mean, the bagless bit, the question you asked.
Looks like you do just as you said for water https://consumer.nilfisk.com/en/cases/About-wet-and-dry/Pages/WaterSuction.aspx
I think I'd only use it for small amounts of water so it doesn't get to the filter, but there's quite a bit of room below the filter.
There's also the push and clean filter button, which you probably have to use if you use it without the bag (for rubble) too often.

Thanks for the review on that. I am so glad the sockets weren't wired horizontally. I have just bought a cheap Erbauer and will be using it tomorrow, will tell you how I get on with it. Kitchen first fix. I looked at all the options and thought I was not prepared to pay £400 plus for the makita. At the end of the day it is just a double diamond wheel to cut masonry. Let us see if it works out then. I do have an industrial hoover for the event. Generally I have found Erbauer to be pretty good tools. Lets hope I am not disappointed.
Just remember that with the Erbauer... you need to drag it, rather than push it. I read a review where the chap was complaining that all the dust gets blown out of the slots you've just cut ! With some chasers, the blades rotate the other way.

Just remember that with the Erbauer... you need to drag it, rather than push it. I read a review where the chap was complaining that all the dust gets blown out of the slots you've just cut ! With some chasers, the blades rotate the other way.
That's an interesting point Zerax. Are you saying that there shouldn't be too much dust with a wall chaser and dust extraction unit? It makes me think I may have been doing something wrong. I'm sure the metabo is a push rather a drag though. Also, it must be working as the amount of rubble it hoovered up was pretty incredible. Just still a lot of dust!

That's an interesting point Zerax. Are you saying that there shouldn't be too much dust with a wall chaser and dust extraction unit? It makes me think I may have been doing something wrong. I'm sure the metabo is a push rather a drag though. Also, it must be working as the amount of rubble it hoovered up was pretty incredible. Just still a lot of dust!
I think you're right... the metabo is a pusher not a puller. I think the amount of dust is driven by how good your vacuum is... I use a Fein Dustex, which works great... and for max suction, I'll treat it to a fresh bag too !

Cheaper auto vacuum option: https://www.screwflix..com/p/karcher-wd3-p-1000w-17ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/91431

Just use the customers vacuum cleaner. Cheapest option. It is their mess you’re cleaning up after all. ;)
being Scottish. you need to use your own. save it and then root through it for the odd 5p.

So did a kitchen worth of chases today with the Erbauer. Fine, nothing too great or bad. Very little dust with the hoover. Have nothing really to compare it with experience wise. However it is clearly a boon in that it was fast and nice clean straight cuts. Had one wall in solid concrete which it did, but slowly. They guy with me found it difficult to use. But he is a bit cack-handed with tools and didn't "get" how to stand properly, overreaching etc. It is a drag motion. Used it to criss-cross the box cut-outs which worked out well. The trainee kept complaining it was hard to know where he was cutting, especially dragging it. I did not have that problem. It has a notch so you know where the blade is, I managed to guide it to exactly where I wanted it. So for the price I am happy with it, saved a lot of work and dust and get a neater job.

My Metabo is a drag it job rather than push. I have the older model though.

Try it both ways @happyhippydad and see which works best. Loving you just smashing chases into your house for fun I must admit!!!

I can see that the chase has a purpose HHD , it's to get rid of that surface trunking between the sockets ?
Quite right Dave. The trunking doesn’t bother me but I was going to have a practise with it anyway, so I thought may as well do it somewhere useful.

i have a twin blade chaser £29.99 from Aldi. coupled via a home-made adadaptor (made from a bit if 1" 1/4 waste pipe) to my Henry ( bought 12 years ago from a car boot for £2), hardly any dust at all. just need to remember to switch Henry on first.
Corded i take it ? Mist keep a eye out for it

Reply to I love this tool! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock