Discuss I Need A Green Deal Advisor. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

WRDEnergy

Sorry if this has already been posted I did look and couldnt see

I may have things a little wrong so please feel free to correct me, I had spoken to the NIC a few times who we are listed with for our MCS and they were not all that accurate with things for me.

But to cut the long story short my plan (as I am sure many of you have thought the same) is to contact old perspective clients and advise them that the green deal is a thing and if we could get an advisor round to see if it hits the “golden rule”

Firstly am I correct in thinking this is an acceptable approach.

Secondly where the hell do I find a green deal advisor a search on Google is just linking me to courses and telling me about it not actually putting me in contact with the correct people… I believe that the EPC guys go on to do the green deal advisor (might be wrong) hopefully one of you can help.

Thank you

We have done the courses and jumped through all the hoops to get DEA, non DEA , GDA and GDI status.

NAPIT have a register with about sixty companies on it .

However at the moment nobody can proceed with a grean deal as the finance is not available until Janurary 2013.

You can try for ECO funding with carbon reduction at 45% but its even more hoops .

We are collecting about eleven leads a day from customers base and the internet etc , doing what we can and then just filing them for action next year.

To sum up we have a couple of hundred projects all sat waiting to fly, but passport control (thats the government bit !) seems to be to the normal standard.

Green Deal which was meant to start on 1st October 2012 and could well become this governments next RHI farce , dragging its heels for countless months whilst the goal posts are wheeled around, again and again.

The "soft start" of the scheme probably the idea of MP Barker , as according to wiki personal , Gregory Barker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , he has gentler tendancies !

Just can't see it working. MEP/MCS you've paid out for the all the courses perhaps you can explain why you think it's worth doing. Don't mean to be funny or anything, I hope it works for you guys but just don't see how it works.

Say I have a house 1960's single skin brick, I'm thinking about insulating the house externally. How much would I pay ? And what happens when I want to sell my house ? Or a new boiler how much will it cost and how long will it take to pay off, again what happens when I sell ?

Paying for the courses is like a 50 / 50 bet if it pays off we will be about four steps ahead of you. If it does not then we lost our gamble.

I am not sure what will happen TBH .

if you sell up the green deal is tied to the MPAN number not you. pros n cons to this

Doesn't make much sense to me either. I can't see how regular householders are going to buy into this. It just seems so complicated and full of question marks. If guys like us who are supposed to be clued up don't really understand how it work, how on earth is Joe Public going to get involved? Seems like a nice little earner for the training providers though. It's only a couple of years until the next election and the next exciting scheme...

Hmmm - maybe I need to go on a course.

GDP
We are not GDP as we believe that you need a £2M float, and as a company of six electricians and two plumbers that figure is a little out of reach !
We have not tied ourselves to any GDP either, as yet.

Why Green Deal
It seems like a great idea as the energy improvements are paid for by the energy savings. People are more energy aware and houses will all be sold with EPC`s so all of the improvements should make houses worth more - eg. ING direct state solar PV is now a great addition . You cannot be worse off under the golden rule so everybody wins, peoples houses are warmer and cheaper to run, lots of tradesmen get work and the government gets all the houses done up to avoid the enormous Kyoto fines coming without having to spend any of its/our money. Green deal loans are sold with the house, whoever pays the leccie bills pays the Green Deal so if you move - no issue .

A long time ago I spent a fortune getting MCS and jumping through all the technology hoops and we were in the first ten MCS approved companies in the UK.
At that time loads of people were saying it will never catch on blah blah and since then every monkey with a screwdriver, window sales company, roofer, conservatory salesmen etc was suddenly jumping on the train. You dont have to search far on this forum to see some appalling installations. Things have changed now and a lot of the train jumpers are getting off as the new rules and annual fees are not worthwhile for many, so we will end up where the market takes us.

I anticipate that this will be the same, Green Deal will be slagged off, then the general public will catch onto home improvements paid for out of energy savings and it will fly. We took the decision to be in at the start, get loads of feeder websites, adverts on gumtree, ebay, all seeking LOCAL work.
We have several hundred stacked up allready.
At the moment we are only doing 2-3 PV systems a week, so hopefully Green Deal will work.

Only time will tell ...........................

IMO ....Its best to be on the train at the start, sat down comfortably with loads of jobs in the bank reading the paper, than trying to jump on at a later date with thousands of others, all fighting to get off the platform ! We will have carved off a chunk of local business before most competitors even considered the train ride !

ps ...I hate trains xx

So how do you link up with a GDP ? this is my question ? and how do you control cost without being a GDP. I just bagged 200 homes from one client to do EPC's and energy audits but I still thinking over what to do once I have the assessments ready ?

Why do you need a 2m float to be a GDP ?

Good news ..................Easiest way is to contact Plumb Centre as they are opening ECO centres as part of the Wolsely group (Grafton) and they are GDP.

Bad news ............... You do need to buy the materials for Green Deal projects from them, everything PV , thermal or heatpumps !

Thats why we are hanging back as we have never bought a bean from plumbcentre as I am very happy with my suppliers.

If the works are over £10K you need to approach three GDP`s to get finance quotes anyway. Thats when the interest rates will drop from 7% .

The £2M pounds is put aside for a bond/warranty/guarantee .....

I have no idea why, nobody wants to answer that question so I am assuming its a nice round figure and a high enough amount to keep out the likes of most of us... LOL

Anyone who went to the NAPIT Green Deal seminar at Oxford FC earlier in the year will know exactly what happened when I stood up and asked about twenty questions after listening to 45 mins of back slapping and Green Deal spin and garbage from DECC and other speakers ...... As I recall they closed the seminar and I was accused of doing a hatchet job !! Apparently there are some questions that shouldn`t be asked .......

There is a list as follows :-
Ampere GDP
Anglian Home Improvements
BritishEco
British Gas
CarbonLow Group
Carillion
Empower Community
Enact Energy
E.ON
Gentoo Group
Grafton Group
Insta Group
Keepmoat
Kingfisher
Mark Group
ReEnergise Finance
SIG plc
SSE
Stroma
Toriga Energy
Willmott Dixon Energy Services Yorkshire Energy Services

22 so far , but it is an old list and I cannot find any updated one. We were told there were over 140 with the likes of Tesco, M and S, most of the energy companies etc etc.

Tesco and M&S definitely haven't signed up yet. I think the list of 140 was of companies who had simply expressed an initial interest in becoming GDPs.

Enact represent Tesco as they do for aal of Tesco's PV etc

Grafton is Buildbase, Plumbase its then that have Eco Base

Wolseley is Plumbcentre

I am still following this, just not actively working in the industry at present,
But here is one of my issues with the Green Deal, why is anybody going to go for the GD at 7.5%, (this was the figure being bounced around, and I am aware it does depend on where your GD is funded from(clear as mud that part) )
when it puts a charge against the property(MPAN) which will then make it very difficult to sell, when the alternative would be to borrow the money at what 3.5%? which the customer could put on a mortgage or have a secured loan, therefore keeping full title of his property.

Please tell me anyone, as a business would you borrow money at 7.5% with complications when you borrow it at 3.5% or less without the ties?

Of maybe I am missing something here?

Becasue if Mrs Bloggins is broke, her boiler breaks, the nice young lad from British Gas will offer to replace her boiler for free AND to reduce her fuel bills if she'll let him also put in the loft and cavity wall insulation and triple glazing. All you have to do Mrs Bloggins is sign here, that it on that dotted line, and we'll revamp your house for you and you don't have to pay anything.

Ooh Betty he was such a nice young boy, if I was 2O years younger ...

But then I've become a cynic in my dotage :speechless:

Sounds like and advert !!

I raised this point in march - How do you value a house with the green deal ? Two houses one with green deal the other paid by savings. So the both sell there houses for 250 the one with the green deal pockets the increase in value due to the improvements boiler windows etc the other just gets his money back. But the sting in the tail would be the new owner would pay twice for the green deal !! On that basis they should scrap it !! Like to know what the guidance is from RICS ?

A GDP makes the prices and the green deal plan and also does golden rule calculation. so if you are not a GDP your basicly a subby ????

am I right or wrong here?

Installers are at the bottom end of the pile in the Green Deal Process as far as I can see. GDP's are the kings and wil have their preffered installers.

I may be wrong here, however having spoken to a few GDP's, as I undertand it, if you pass a project up to a GDP they have no specific obligation to pass the work back to you.

Hence the all in one shops will win , Tesco through Enact, British Gas etc, if you are part of the Grafton setup, then of course they will (so long as you buy the products from them) however I think you need to have thrree GDP quotes , so the other two may not want you..

I am still following this, just not actively working in the industry at present,
But here is one of my issues with the Green Deal, why is anybody going to go for the GD at 7.5%, (this was the figure being bounced around, and I am aware it does depend on where your GD is funded from(clear as mud that part) )
when it puts a charge against the property(MPAN) which will then make it very difficult to sell, when the alternative would be to borrow the money at what 3.5%? which the customer could put on a mortgage or have a secured loan, therefore keeping full title of his property.

Please tell me anyone, as a business would you borrow money at 7.5% with complications when you borrow it at 3.5% or less without the ties?

Of maybe I am missing something here?

now they will take into account the feed in tariff lol

green advisor. is this guy what you're looking for?

I Need A Green Deal Advisor. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Reply to I Need A Green Deal Advisor. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock